Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question does the standard entertainment system able to read your texts over the speaker system? And does it reply via voice recognition? :ugeek:

I know a lot of new cars have this capability. Just curious thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello,

I have SD card Nav system and it reads incoming texts if I touch the button on the touch screen to do so.
Never tired to send a text with narration and I don't recall such feature.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a shame I've noticed a lot of new cars with the narration feature on them.. Even my mums Nissan note!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've actually found the text reading feature quite useful, rather than the gimmick i was expecting to judge it as. Has anyone managed to use the screen to reply or send a template text? Both options permanently greyed out (using an iPhone 6)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have an HTC One and the system works well until I try and stream music by bluetooth at the same time, then it all craps oot. I have created and used the template system many times as a quick reply, although sometimes easier to just call. Have not used the voice recognition for this as I lost patience trying to get it to tune into a simple radio station.

·
Registered
111 Posts
whitetiger said:
Quick question does the standard entertainment system able to read your texts over the speaker system? And does it reply via voice recognition? :ugeek:

I know a lot of new cars have this capability. Just curious thanks
It will read them if you click the button to read out loud but I'm pretty sure it doesn't let you reply by voice.

·
Registered
69 Posts
And the official answer. If you own an iPhone, don't expect to be able to use the "Reply" or "Reply with template" options - it appears that Apple's implementation of the Bluetooth Message Access Profile isn't entirely complete... Shame.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I've enabled text message readback, but it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.