Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
On your phone go to Settings>Bluetooth and click the i in a circle button next to your car, in this screen make sure "show notifications" is turned on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Some people have said you need to make sure iMessage is turned off also. Haven't collected my DS yet so I can't be certain but I'm pretty sure I saw it in an earlier thread.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Mine works fine with iMessage turned on and shows those on the screen as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discoloz said:
On your phone go to Settings>Bluetooth and click the i in a circle button next to your car, in this screen make sure "show notifications" is turned on.
Thanks a lot

·
Registered
329 Posts
This post isn't going to help but I have an iPhone 6+ and an iPhone 4s and both when connected work with both text and iMessages, tell you on the screen one has arrived and the lady reads them. My daughter sends messages from the back of the car, very funny. One thing to check is you can connect 2 bluetooth devices to the car, and you can choose phone (messages), music or both. Make sure your device is connected for both music and phone.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Also note the car won't download saved messages from the phone it will only show ones which have arrived while the phone has being connected. Can you get someone to send you a message while you are in the car and see if it shows up on the screen?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discoloz said:
Also note the car won't download saved messages from the phone it will only show ones which have arrived while the phone has being connected. Can you get someone to send you a message while you are in the car and see if it shows up on the screen?
Ha! maybe that's why it said no messages. ok, I will have someone text me when driving. Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.