Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been out in an HSE.

Great car, can not fault it. Plenty of room for four adults. If you have the 3rd row in place, tiny amount of boot space. But doubt if we will ever use them, so not a problem.
Delivery confirmed for 27 March.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just had a drive in one today. HSE Auto. Really liked it. Spacious inside, good sized boot. Seems very well put together.
Ordered one in Loire Blue with Black interior. Didn't add too much - Privacy glass, Service Pack, Spare wheel, Mud Flaps. Was told delivery might not be until April.

·
Registered
562 Posts
More info man! Noise, ride quality, poke, how comfy were the seats??!!!!!!

Delay national level or just your dealers. My drive in the 2 Jan!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Only got out in it for about 20 mins. Lots of people trying them out and the dealer only had 2 for two days. Seats really comfy. Loads of room in the front and second row. Did not try out the third row seets. Seemed to handle fine (I'm no expert). Quiet and refined in the cruise (but you can tell its a diesel when under acceleration !). Auto box really smooth (you need to be looking at the rev counter to detect some of the changes). Dash and interior I thought was classy / chunky rather than ultra modern. (Possibly typical LR - I've never had one before).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I undertook a test drive on Saturday with Pentland in Edinburgh. although i live in Glasgow could not get a test drive until next week so it seems to be a national problem. Spent about an hour with the car in the company of an excellent salesman called Gary. Very nice to drive, although not as much fun as the BMW X3 but better than Lexus NX and Audi Q3. Steady on the road, including A and B roads and motorway, good acceleration, only minor rolling when cornering hard. I didn't push to the limit, although I was told there was much more available. Automatic gearbox was excellent. Dash very easy to use, excellent layout. I did not manage to go off road. Engine a bit noisy, especially when idling but not too bad. Road noise minimal.
Front seats very comfortable, but in the 2nd row my wife found them quite hard and left her with a sore neck. I tried to get into the 3rd row and only managed with great difficulty plus the headrests dig into your shoulders. These are definately for kids only. I wish I could order a car without them (only available with Tow pack). The car is definately aimed at families with 3 or 4 kids. Good boot space. There were a few noises of ill fitting parts which I was reassured was due to the car not being completely checked over and being one of the early ones. One of the 2nd row seats would not recline.
It looks fabulous from the outside, especially in Black Trim and Scotia Grey. The car definately has a presence when out and about.
I've decided to wait until the car is available with the new Ingenium engines for better MPG (the car was showing around 30) and lower CO2 emissions. Choosing Disco over BMW because I live out in the sticks in Scotland, down a steep inclide and this car will get me home, even if there is snow and ice.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Done my one on the 17th with Pentland Cupar, I test drove the manual. Very impressed with the car overall, the interior (almond) was a nice place to be seats comfy. The manual gearbox was slick and smooth and plenty of go from the 'old' SD4 engine, not lightning but enough. I personally found the DS to be quite with not a lot of engine noise only when pushed hard was it noticeable. Just to echo what others have said 3rd really for kids only.

Overall it was good fun to drive on road, got to take it along a few quite country roads to give it a bit welly and it handled them well, just enough body roll to let you know your still driving an SUV.

I had doubts before my test drive but they are gone and looking forward to March, car goes into build 13th.

·
Registered
677 Posts
The past few LRs I've bought, the experience vouchers have normally followed in the post about a month after the purchase.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yep, gives you chance to see what the car can do before trying it out with your own. The instructors are knowledgeable and get the cars doing some serious stuff. The only downside is its only half a day.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Did the test drive in the ds with the dealer in Halifax. I have traded my 12 plate D4 HSE against a new DSL HSE .. Obviously very different cars, mainly the handling.. With the ds you feel more in contact with the road and the seating position isn't as elevated as the d4. Looking forward to taking delivery in April.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts