Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I need to choose between a td4 or a sd4 for my discovery but I can't decide. Can anyone give me the pro and cons for them? I just don't know if it's worth the extra 5 grand? Ps Australian model.

·
Registered
270 Posts
If you've not locked it in yet will it still be the 2.2 or will it be the new ingenium?

I'm personally getting the SD4. On the prices I was quoted it's only AU$3k extra and you'll probably pay something similar for new engine management + dyno anyway.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I have been told the new engines will not be available in australia till late 2016 so don't want to wait that long.

G

·
I have the TD4 engine and am very pleased with it. Plenty of power and torque. I test drove the SD4 and it didn't feel any different. I think that you would be happy with either so it is just the cost difference. I don't plan on tuning my engine.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Darcy M said:
From what I have been told the new engines will not be available in australia till late 2016 so don't want to wait that long.
Yes that could be true but I'm not sure they're still taking orders for 2015.

What city are you in? First shipments are coming in now so I expect your dealer should have vehicles on the lot in the next week or two that you can test drive then make a decision.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm in the hunter valley. I have a td4 on order but I can get a sd4 from another dealer both coming about July. Just can't decide I have rang a few Sydney dealers and one says they mainly sell sd4 than others say they sell lots of td4 so really confused.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts