Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I've not specced them but as the spec change cut off date looms I've been looking at the factory only stuff to make sure I don't need them.

The only one that's really got me thinking is the adaptive lights. Came across this, which seems to explain what they do and how they work http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/service/archive/65295/lighting.pdf and I'm tempted.

Anyone had them on an existing LR product and can tell me whether they are a worthwhile improvement?

·
Registered
829 Posts
I would have specced them if I lived in a rural area with lots of dark roads full of bends. Since I live in a well lit area with mostly straight tarmac roads there is less use for them

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have had adaptive lights on my last few cars, I wasn't going to spec them on my DS, but I had loan of an Evoque for a couple of days with standard Xenons and I missed the directional beam, so specced adaptive lights without a second thought. Helps if you intend to tow as well.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Never had them, in fact this will be the first time I've had xenons.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Never had them either, considered it but I can,t have everything.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Unless you are planning on doing a lot of night time driving on unlit roads I would bother adding them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wouldn't be without them on our rural twisty roads. The fixed directional lights are a bonus when manoevering at low speed

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Hello Lofi, I've had them on previous cars and found them to be useful on country roads but otherwise I'd have managed without. If I lived on the Edge of Nowhere I'd certainly give it some serious thought.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I live in a rural area, and do a reasonable amount of night time driving. We had adaptive lights on our previous FL2, but I didn't add them to our new DS because I didn't think they were worth the price for the minor difference they offer over regular xenons. I find zenon lamps so bright that the whole world is lit up, so haven't regretted my decision.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts