Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - new to the forum - After much to-ing and fro-ing, finally taken the plunge and ordered my Discovery Sport today for March delivery. Just wish I could make up my mind about body and roof colour!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Scotia Grey seems to be a popular choice, also many taken it with the Black pack.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, ordered as scotia grey at the moment but haven't seen one in the flesh yet. Can't make up my mind if it needs a contrast black roof or not. I've not ordered the black pack as have to admit I'm not a huge fan of the black alloys although it did look good on the Firenze red demonstrator at the dealers.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Meebee said:
Hi - new to the forum - After much to-ing and fro-ing, finally taken the plunge and ordered my Discovery Sport today for March delivery. Just wish I could make up my mind about body and roof colour!
Will be really happy for you if you get it in March after ordering today. I ordered yesterday and have been quoted May.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you are going for an HSE I think the panoramic sunroof provides a good contrast and the roof colour does not need to be changed.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I think Scotia Grey is better without black roof. My theory is that a black pack best works with warm colours like Firenze Red, Kaikoura Stone

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will be really happy for you if you get it in March after ordering today. I ordered yesterday and have been quoted May.[/quote]

The dealer had pre-booked 30 cars but hadn't sold them all so just luck I think. Have been told the car will be ready 29th March but will wait & see.

Thanks for comments re the roof colour. Will maybe stick to the normal roof rather than contrast - now - scotia grey or kaikoura stone?!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Scotia Grey Is really a shade of metallic green. I really love the colour but it is more green than grey.

·
Registered
179 Posts
ordered mine on 27/01/15, immediately after test drive (following token deposit down a couple of weeks before the demonstrators arrived) for an early-mid March delivery - checking today, the current forecast is for Friday 13th (ominous!), but dealer says 'may be earlier'. I think it was again one of a batch of manufacturing slots that the dealer had pre-reserved. Swithered at length about spec, which was frozen almost immediately after confirming the order; going for HSE auto Fuji white with black leather, privacy glass, gunk rather than skinny spare (didn't fancy extracting the spare from underneath etc!), TSR hopefully to assist avoidance of points, memory seats (as the front tips up, which the non-memory seat does not - needed for comfort in my book) . I liked the white on the demonstrator; also liked Scotia Grey but not quite enough to spend £600 more than the Fuji white!

PX is a FL2 HSE in 'sand' colour (or 'gold' to DVLC) that I bought 2nd hand 18 months ago, then 3 years old and 20k down the road, which I have put another 27k on since. Great car, but boot just a BIT too small for me (so DS scored there for me!).

4 weeks today. Can't wait.

·
Registered
63 Posts
bentley said:
Scotia Grey Is really a shade of metallic green. I really love the colour but it is more green than grey.
Depends on the light in the showroom it looked greeny grey outside it looks light grey with a hint of green

·
Registered
66 Posts
hal said:
bentley said:
Depends on the light in the showroom it looked greeny grey outside it looks light grey with a hint of green
Thanks I have only seen the colour in a showroom. Still went for it as it seems a nice change to our current fleet of grey with a hint of grey cars.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Getting excited - build date confirmed 14th March (delayed by a week due to a problem with lack of supply of components apparently?). Car should be at the dealer on 3rd April.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts