Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On page 130 of the manual it shows surround cameras. Is this an option ?
I asked the chap from Land Rover direct when the dealer had the cars for one day before launch, and a button on the touch screen that said "Cameras" I asked if there was more cameras but he said only one at rear which another customer had broken with her finger earlier. I asked why it said cameras and not camera. His reply was it was an early version car with early software which would change before main launch.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Rear camera only at the moment.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Got one on the FL2, I think I'm a bit old as I very rarely use it to back up. It is handy though when you want to get closer than the 'bleeps' would allow. Mirrors still best for backing up I think as your eye-line isn't diverted from looking forward, while looking down at the rear view display takes your eyes off the front action.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Never had one. My coach at work is fitted with one, useful on this

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
The DS reversing camera seemed pretty good to me but I have always fancied "Defender -type bumpers' they seem to keep the lunatic tail-gaters at bay!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
You may find it's not an option in the UK because all your vehicles are 5+2 models. I can option surround cameras in Australia but ONLY with 5 seats. There are a bunch of extras listed as 5-seat only options including the following:

Blind Spot Monitor with Closing Vehicle Sensing AND Reverse Traffic Detection N/A with 5+2 Seats 086GF

Surround Camera System (Includes Reversing Guidance, Hitch Guidance and Park Blocks, Plan View, T-Junction View, Kerb View, Trailer Set-Up & Guidance. Individual View from each camera) Requires Front Parking Sensors. N/A with 5+2 Seats 086GC

Wade SensingTM Requires Front Parking Sensors, Surround Camera & Blind Spot Monitor. N/A with 5+2 Seats 075EC

Head Up Display Pack Solar Attenuating Windscreen Head Up Display N/A with 5+2 seats 074OP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.