Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suspect I will face the usual bullying about getting the outrageously expensive paint protection I.e. Supagard/Autoglym when I collect my car.

I had this type of products "pushed" to me on my last three cars and really cannot tell any benefits.

Any thoughts on whether it is really worth it?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Ditch it, they tried to flog me supagard for £850, I politely declined and I have mine booked in for a full Gtechniq treatment inside and out, using gtechniq black outside. One of the best products, and they do every part of the car using a different product. Cost........£905, so worth the extra few quid. Check out YouTube and their website for a cost.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Negotiated my supaguard FOC, not sure I would have paid but it's still early days. The main reason I wanted it was for the leather protection. One week in the kids sun cream left some very weird stains on the black leather. Certainly didn't wipe away as suggested but It is gradually going back to black.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Had cars both Supragarded and Protect & Care'd and what a waste of money. I've just treated my wifes DS to a coat of

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/shop/ultimate-wax

and yes its expensive, but its easy to apply and seems to be lasting incredibly well. Would recommend it. I'm also using their leather care product and that's really good too!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
They talked me into something called PureGuard. It came off first time I washed it. We have yet to have That Discussion.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think I paid about £250 for the Supragard on my first LR 5 years ago. and have to agree CCOMLEY it literally came off after a few washes :-(

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
IanH said:
I think I paid about £250 for the Supragard on my first LR 5 years ago. and have to agree CCOMLEY it literally came off after a few washes :-(
Not even a "few" here - it took a few to get rid of all the traces, but most of it went into solution on the FIRST wash and turned into white blobby streaks all over everything. I literally had to wash it again *at once* just to be able to see out of the windscreen!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Never pay for it. I tell the garage I don't want it so if they throw it in for free they can but I tell them it's not a deal sweetener.

They out Oure Gauard in my last Landy and I have to say that 2 and a half years later the car still seems easy to clean.

It's going to be in my DS but again it was just something they chucked into the deal.

A nuce to have but I'd but pay for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.