Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new DS. SE in Byron Blue a few weeks ago and very pleased with Quality and Refinement, BUT find the constant opening and closing of the Sunblind very annoying. My old DS had the blind open at all times. I question whether in a few yrs time the edges won’t become tarnished or the blind developer a fault. I reckon the blind could open or close over 1000 times per yr.
Apologies, but I’ve searched forum but cannot find answer, although I recall someone suggesting that doing a RESET might help.
Any ideas how to keep Blind open at all times?.
regards MSH

·
Registered
119 Posts
Picked up my new DS. SE in Byron Blue a few weeks ago and very pleased with Quality and Refinement, BUT find the constant opening and closing of the Sunblind very annoying. My old DS had the blind open at all times. I question whether in a few yrs time the edges won’t become tarnished or the blind developer a fault. I reckon the blind could open or close over 1000 times per yr.
Apologies, but I’ve searched forum but cannot find answer, although I recall someone suggesting that doing a RESET might help.
Any ideas how to keep Blind open at all times?.
regards MSH
This is what was posted some time ago.

ANORAMIC ROOF BLIND RESET

The roof blind needs to be reset if the battery is disconnected, becomes discharged, or the power supply is interrupted. The reset procedure is as follows:

Start the engine.

With the roof blind in the closed position, press and hold the roof blind switch for approximately 30 seconds, until an audible double click sounds.

Release the switch. Within 3 seconds, press and hold the roof blind switch again. Hold until the blind completes a full open and close cycle.

Once the blind has stopped moving, release the switch. The blind can now be operated as normal.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks, just tried the RESET and it works. Blind is now open all the time. Just one thing to remember, the One Touch opening and closing is disabled , but that’s a minor thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts