Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi krisbi,

This morning I've ordered a Corris Grey HSE with the 150hp option of the new Ingenium engine. Included options of heated steering wheel, service pack and body side mouldings. All UK Ingenium 150hp builds come with the low air resistance 518 style alloys, I presume to help keep the CO2 below the 130g mark. I've not seen them in the flesh but they look OK to me in the download brochure. Much easier to clean and being 18" less chance of kerbing them.

Now a long wait until September for delivery.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Camoffroad,
Good for you. I was asking for the wheels maybe someone has ordered them as I see them as an option in the 2015 brochure of I forgot which country (Italy?). I would like to see how they look on the car maybe..
Is there a vehicle with them on on the UK brochure?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Krisbi,

Sorry, only seen a picture in the wheel section of the latest downloadable brochure. Was hoping to get an idea of the look in respect to the car in the on-line configurator but the 150 option and (and wheels) is mentioned as coming 'later in May'.

As soon as I find any further info I'll post a link.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello again krisbi.

The UK configurator now shows the 150hp Ingenium engine with the 518 alloys.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
I get the CO2 requirement but they are not the prettiest - why don't JLR do what BMW/Merc do and rate different CO2 values for each type of wheel.

IMHO I would be straight onto ebay for a 2nd hand set of 19" and 20" to go for a more "mainstream" look and not tell the world I bought a 150PS model :D

·
Registered
829 Posts
Agree, looked at a DS at the dealer last Friday on 18" with a 20" version parked next to it. That and the sheer size of the DS made 18" look a bit sad. Shame they nowadays design cars from the off with 20" in mind. I do still remember how cool my 225/45/17" M3 wheels looked on the E36

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all,

My 18" wheels will look massive when parked next door to my other toy, no issues kerbing these wheels. Tax will only be £110 for my DS but for this one (1974)...it's free!

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice to see a defender looking as it should ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.