Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was due to collect my DS on 21st March from Dealer (it's still there) got put on hold by LR on 18th March for what I believe is the rear seat spring issue, 4 weeks later still no DS or any news from LR on when Dealer can release my car.
Dealer has be good enough to loan me a DS demonstrator in the mean time but just wondered if anyone else is still in the same predicament ??? :?:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Mines was released on day the quarantine was announced ;) supposed to take it in to get checked out, but if they can't fix it will it mean I don't get to go home in my car?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're still alive then Triple7, it hasn't killed you or anyone else, can't see what all the fuss is about :shock:

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm still driving a loaned demo DS.
I ordered in December, build date was supposed to be 1st or 2nd week in Feb.
Finally appeared on TOPix 2 days ago after me complaining to LR directly for just over a week.
Apparently build is finished, but on TOPix it still says outstanding campaign for Q477 SECOND ROW SEAR LOCKING MECHANISM.
Hopefuly that doesnt mean they still wont release it?
Dealer say I will have car within one week.
As I expected first week of March collection, and we have now had a loan DS for several weeks, the excitement of new DS has been lost.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Potatoe Farmer said:
Finally appeared on TOPix 2 days ago after me complaining to LR directly for just over a week.
Apparently build is finished, but on TOPix it still says outstanding campaign for Q477 SECOND ROW SEAR LOCKING MECHANISM.
Hopefuly that doesnt mean they still wont release it?
Dealer say I will have car within one week.
Hope you get it at long last. Mine showed the same line on TOPIx until about a week after I collected it - so I wouldn't necessarily be concerned about it still showing there.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks TugPilot, it feels like a long wait since start of Feb when it went into build...

·
Registered
829 Posts
It must be pretty messy at the factory compound if a car can be lost for 8-9 weeks with just 1 simple check of the rear seats required?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I think all these cars with long delays are not actually lost, just not prioritised.
They obviously want to spend the time producing the cars that they can immediately release.
As it is only a relatively small number of vehicles in the affected batch they are not their top concern.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't have TOPIx access, is the fix for Q477 listed now or still just the issue and check ?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good News, Good News ! :D

For those that don't know yet, after nearly 5 weeks of waiting LR have released the fix for quarantined batch of vehicles.

Fix was released on Monday, Dealer fixed today on Tuesday, will be collecting Saturday !

Woo Hoo :lol:

·
Registered
132 Posts
What was the problem? Why was it quarentined, and what was the Fix........... :?:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Chalky said:
What was the problem? Why was it quarentined, and what was the Fix........... :?:
It was quarantined for the Q477 rear seat issue, there were a number of DSs affected in a certain VIN range built around the middle of Feb. Not sure exactly what the fix was but I think a new part was required, possibly a small spring.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Great I'll take mine in now. Pics of your new wheels please.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have just joined the forum. I ordered my DS back in January for an original delivery on the 28th of March. It was then put back a week, then another week And then I was told the 1st of May. Just been told today it's been put back again but they cannot give me a delivery date.
The car was off the production line on the 20th of March (I have the VIN number) so cannot understand the issue? Been in touch with LR customer service who tell me it's WIP but cannot (will not) tell me anything else.
Don't know what else I can do?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bluej, LR are not the most forthcoming with information in my opinion but your dealer should be able to tell you at least why it's delayed.
Failing that, try Pete at the LR Customer Relations section of the Forum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Many thanks. I did have a private email from L550 but I cannot send a reply as I am a new member and the system on the forum will not let me send a response (sorry L550 I was not ignoring your email). It's says I don't have enough activity on the account to send private emails.
L550 asked for the final 6 digits of the VIN and I will send it to L550 as son as I have access.
In the meantime I will try to contact Pete as well

·
Registered
29 Posts
I ordered mine in Feb. Was told latest I would get car would be end of April.

After chasing my dealer almost every few days, I still haven't been given a build, or delivery date.

I'm now going to be asking to wait until Sept for new Ingenium engine - but I hope that it won't mean waiting until say October for this ?!?

very frustrated

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.