Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a little bit frustrated to hear all the squeaks and rattles out of dashboard and central (navigation-) unit. First I thought, probaly it would disappear after a while, but after 3.500 km it is still there and even with more sunshine and higher temperature it seems to be louder than ever. - On Monday the SD4 HSE Luxury will go to the dealer in Innsbruck. I hope they will fix the problems. I never expected it in a car like this. - Any other experiences with problems like this???? - If it will not disappear I am not shure what to do.....????

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I have a whistling from the dash which seem to be to do with the air con.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have a new engine 2 litre HSE Discovery Sport and there has been a rattle behind the dashboard since we bought it a month ago. We took it back to the dealer to fix and they said it was the aircon pipes. It stopped rattling for about half an hour and then started again and has been rattling ever since, although only at low speed when accelerating through the gears. I've not had time to go back again to get it fixed again. For a 40 grand car, it's not acceptable really.

G

·
Following the gearbox software update there was a constant noise which sounded like a hard drive clicking and whirring. The car is in the dealer with the whole front console stripped out. They believe it was the air con fan; I don't think so as the noise was there with the engine off as well and when the air con was off. It will be in for a week and I'm a bit concerned that even if the fault is fixed that such b a big task will mean other rattles etc when it's all back together. :?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have this and posted in another thread (but cannot find it!)

My DS has been at the dealer for a tizz/buzz behind the RH dash airvent/instrument cluster since yesterday and I am about to collect it. They have confirmed the fault but do no know how to fix it. We are not alone, the dealer has added to the "EPQM" that requests corrective action from LR. I will get a call when a fix is available.

It's a minor thing but it should be right. I will update in due course but, as added bonus, I have had the replacement EGR harness done while it was in!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.