Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just a quick post to say that if you are looking to add the pedal covers to your DS, you may want to use eBay or similar site to look for Evoque covers, as they are exactly the same as the DS. Obviously, as the Evoque has been around longer, the covers seem to be more prevalent on the aftermarket and I managed to pick up an original set of pedal covers (auto version) for £25! They were used, but were boxed in the original LR box.

I have not managed to find the footrest to match at such a bargain, but bought that from the Harwoods Tonbridge eBay shop for £45 as I did not fancy any of the ones that use tape to stick to the carpet. The genuine LR one fixes with screws into the carpet which will be a lot more secure, as I d not want to be driving down the motorway and find a loose piece of aluminium in my footwell, ready to jam the brake pedal :shock:

Anyhow, £70 for the 3 items and they took five minutes to fit...so thought it worth a mention.

Cheers,

b1ggles2

·
Registered
829 Posts
Great idea, off to find me a (manual) pair

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks. Want some for our but had been put off by the price!

·
Registered
677 Posts
I think we need an eBay bargain spot and a modification section.

The sports pedals is on my list of upgrades, so far it's -

Reverse lights to LEDs
The plinth for the front number plate
Sports pedals
Boot tread plates
Possibly side tubes.

Just need to pull another few £50 notes from the tree in the back garden :lol:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Good plan J77!

Keen to hear from you which LED lights you ordered. Also like to learn from others if they replaced any of the interior lights?

Surely somebody will produce aftermarket mood lighting? :D

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Yes I agree with that the main (front) interior light is pathetic

·
Registered
385 Posts
b1ggles2 said:
Hi all,

Just a quick post to say that if you are looking to add the pedal covers to your DS, you may want to use eBay or similar site to look for Evoque covers, as they are exactly the same as the DS. Obviously, as the Evoque has been around longer, the covers seem to be more prevalent on the aftermarket and I managed to pick up an original set of pedal covers (auto version) for £25! They were used, but were boxed in the original LR box.

I have not managed to find the footrest to match at such a bargain, but bought that from the Harwoods Tonbridge eBay shop for £45 as I did not fancy any of the ones that use tape to stick to the carpet. The genuine LR one fixes with screws into the carpet which will be a lot more secure, as I d not want to be driving down the motorway and find a loose piece of aluminium in my footwell, ready to jam the brake pedal :shock:

Anyhow, £70 for the 3 items and they took five minutes to fit...so thought it worth a mention.

Cheers,

b1ggles2
Hi B1ggles, I ordered the footrest peddle from LR. when I looked at the footrest area in my car, I noticed it was just carpet instead of plastic as I was expecting. so did you have to flip open the carpet to do the installation? were there any pre-drilled screw holes? Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi there Disco

I have not received mine yet and therefore not fitted it. However I found a link somewhere online about someone installing one on the Evoque and they say you do not need to drill the body, only the carpet and insulation with the supplied wide threaded plastic screws. I expect to get mine tomorrow so will report back once it is fitted. Will post photos of you wish too.

Cheers

b1ggles2

·
Registered
385 Posts
b1ggles2 said:
Hi there Disco

I have not received mine yet and therefore not fitted it. However I found a link somewhere online about someone installing one on the Evoque and they say you do not need to drill the body, only the carpet and insulation with the supplied wide threaded plastic screws. I expect to get mine tomorrow so will report back once it is fitted. Will post photos of you wish too.

Cheers

b1ggles2
yes, please. Thank you!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Kenthecheese said:
I have fitted the foot rest to mine, you only need to drill the carpet it is very simple to do :)
Hi Kenthecheese, behind the carpet is there a plastic piece? are there any pre-drilled holes? I'm sure the peddle isn't installed on just the carpet, there's gotta be a hard surface behind it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Negative Disco.

Looking at all the Evoque forums who have fitted the exact same footrest, it is just attached to the carpet and the thick insulation underneath it. In my view, this is a lot more secure than buying the aftermarket one which is only held on with sticky tape!

As soon as mine arrives and is fitted I will post pictures and let you know how easy it was to install.....hopefully!

Cheers,

b1ggles2

·
Registered
41 Posts
As a contribution.. Once I had taken the photo of a cheap footrest which was resting on the floor in the footwell of an Evq at the service, guys, keep away from such, how can a double-sided tape stick to the carpet and stay there for long, not to mention one which is being stepped-on..

BK

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks for posting this up, that looks shit, as always you get what you pay for !

Not only does it look shit but its also dangerous.

I'm getting these and will definately get the Genuine ones.
looking forward to seeing these fitted.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ask and you will receive Chalky!

View attachment 25

Hope this is useful to all and the fitting of the footrest is very easy. The pedals are just covers and slip over. All round, definitely not something to pay JLR for the fitting of!

Even had time for a nice lunch before I went back to work... :D

Cheers

b1ggles2

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
Looks great b1ggles! can't wait to do mine.

also an off-topic question, I noticed last night my car was missing the rear badge that say - sport and HSE. does anyone know if there are black ones available?

·
Registered
385 Posts

also an off-topic question, I noticed last night my car was missing the rear badge that say - sport and HSE. does anyone know if there are black ones available?

·
Registered
385 Posts

1 - 20 of 54 Posts