Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the Navigation settings menu, there is an area where you can activate the Announce Speed Limit Warning, I have put a tick in the box and set the speed limit to 30 mph, and been driving around for days without a peep out of Ms Sat Nav, then out of the blue whilst on a 50 mph flyover a 30mph junction she announces "Speed Limit 30 MPH" :shock: then nothing for days now :?
I am not referring to the speed limit that can be set on the steering wheel buttons!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Mines is fine, very annoying, I switched it off.

Sometimes if it's a small village it doesn't have time to work out the limit. My one was set for 5 miles over the limit.

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you have set the limit to 30mph that means it will only warn you when you go 30mph over the speed limit, which I hope is not very often :) Try dropping this is 3 or 5mph and you should find it works better.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Discoloz said:
If you have set the limit to 30mph that means it will only warn you when you go 30mph over the speed limit, which I hope is not very often :) Try dropping this is 3 or 5mph and you should find it works better.
Thanks guys, I understand how it works now! must try and read the manual at some stage :oops: : I have to agree its a little annoying, so I have also turned it off, I may set it up for 1mph over limit, when the Mrs next decides to use it :lol:

·
Registered
510 Posts
I actually like the speed limit voice over. When I first had the car I set it to exact speed which was annoying, then at 3mph over, which was better. I finally set it at 5mph over and it works a treat. As the car is quiet you can easily over accelerate, or get drawn along with the traffic ahead of you. It is a nice 'reality' prompt, and makes me slow down a little! Useful IMHO.

·
Registered
741 Posts
It's a useful feature but after a day or two I went back to my standard method of using the gearbox to ensure I stay within limits [/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: What strange ways you have up there in Norfolk! I use my speedmeter :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Does anyone know if the set speed limit is available with the hard drive navigation fitted with the meridian system, had a quick look but couldn't find it.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Hawks said:
In the Navigation settings menu, there is an area where you can activate the Announce Speed Limit Warning, I have put a tick in the box and set the speed limit to 30 mph, and been driving around for days without a peep out of Ms Sat Nav, then out of the blue whilst on a 50 mph flyover a 30mph junction she announces "Speed Limit 30 MPH" :shock: then nothing for days now :?
I am not referring to the speed limit that can be set on the steering wheel buttons!
Unless you go 30 over the limit, you won't hear

Try setting it to 5 or 6 over the limit. I have it set to 9, It's fine. It tells you once, then shuts up. If it was a japanese car it would beep and beep and beep until you drop below the speed limit then commit harrikarri for daring to speed in the first place! :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I find this quite useful (OK "she" gets caught out occasionally and incorrectly tells me that I am speeding excessively). One question though - has anyone worked out how to permanently lower the volume? A quiet reminder is good but I've nearly had heart attacks when she has suddenly shouted at me :eek:

The same applies to the Traffic Announcements - any default volume setting anywhere?

I can adjust the volume for both when they are making their announcements but this resets each time the car is restarted.

Cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi, you can lower the volume by decreasing the volume in the settings, system, audio volume (don't know the hierarchy descriptions of the english version) - but you have to do that, while no audible message is hearing. After the lowering you have to confirm your selection by pressing the right bottom corner of the screen. I have setted the volume of the messages to a value of about 12, which is a good mixture over all. In cities i have to decrease it further while on louder roads i can accept the loudness. For a single journey you can lower the volume by pressing the volume buttons on your steering wheel while a message is heard.

·
Registered
18 Posts
ccomley said:
Hawks said:
Unless you go 30 over the limit, you won't hear

Try setting it to 5 or 6 over the limit. I have it set to 9, It's fine. It tells you once, then shuts up. If it was a japanese car it would beep and beep and beep until you drop below the speed limit then commit harrikarri for daring to speed in the first place! :)
Speed Limit Warning not working: Like others, I've ticked the box to hopefully get a speed warning, if only to see/hear how it goes out of curiosity. Currently set at 5 MPH over a speed limit of 30 MPH. However, it only came on once many days ago (despite me creeping over 35 MPH several times since then). Is this the same for others and if so, has anyone got an answer, unless I've missed it? Ta.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.