Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I need educating on what is required re spare bulbs if going to France.Bearing in mind my DS has xenons as standard,does that mean I have to buy a spare bulb kit ( at £ 85 ) for genuine Land Rover which I presume will have xenons taken into consideration or will a universal spare bulb kit from Tesco at £5 ish cover me legally ?

Corris Grey HSE Lux Auto,Ivory Leather,Privacy Glass,Mud Flaps,Side Steps and Service Pack.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I would not expect the LR kit to contain Xenon lights? Tesco!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Did you get anywhere? Having had my car nearly five days I realise my old spare blub kit probably doesn't cut much mustard. Does anyone have a list of the sizes and shapes for the DS?

And what about xenon bulbs - if that's what the car has I presume that's what the spares need to be.

Any one know if you can actually GET AT the headlight blubs? I'm used to the complete dismantle of front end that's needed in the D2/TD5, but at least you CAN do that.

·
Registered
741 Posts
But you cannot change a bulb yourself?

Need to remove grille and unbolt the headlights to access, plus fogs and side are LED and the xenon are non use changable in theory, and the rear ones that are all LED (tail, brake, number plate) and can't be accessed without unbuilding most of the trim. Technically they can confiscate the car as the basic SD type card sat nav has a speed warning system on it thas this is illegal in France even if de-activated???

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
French drivers also note that LR have seen fit to make a space for a warning triangle in the tool pack but not given you one.

I have no idea what the french rules are w.r.t. "modern" cars. I already suspect that not having beam deflectors might be a bone of contention despite them not being needed on flat-beam lights. Now I figure having a spare bulb kit might just be enough to make a gendarme happy even if they're the wrong bulbs. Worst case I put my D2 spares in the boot justin case.

No, french rules say you can't have warning of SPEED CAMERAs, which you don't. The over-speed-limit warning I can't see then frowning at, it's a good idea. (I have mine set to +9 - wonder if it adapts to Km automatically!)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Did I see a bulb kit for some astronomic amount in the DS configerator :D and as correctly pointed out above, most bulbs cannot/ need not be replaced.

·
Registered
741 Posts
ccomley said:
The over-speed-limit warning I can't see then frowning at, it's a good idea. (I have mine set to +9 - wonder if it adapts to Km automatically!)
You can change the untis on the sat nav to metric independent of the odometer, when you do this then the speed warning changes as well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Discovery-Sport-Spare-Bulb-Kit-VPLCV0104-/151755133992
is my local dealers spare kit at £70, will ring and ask about zenons.
(I agree speed limit warning is not like speed camera warning) BTW the carry two breathalysers rule for France seems to be defunct.
Just went to Beadles and bought an rear indicator bulb (looks same as FreeLander) and reversing bulb and put them in my old Freelander spares kit along with some fuses, that's all you need if you have Zenons.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I asked for my DS to have the kit for France and Belgium. So, in the polystyrene container of the boot, I have triangle, first aid kit (rear right hand recess) Hi Vis Vest (and one in the glove box) and two filament bulbs, .I think they are for reversing and fog lights (?) ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.