Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LRDS 2021 D200 - On Saturday 18th June we had returned from shopping and had a notification in PIVI that there was an update available, so as usual we let it run. About 3 hrs later I went to use the car and it wouldn't start. Each time the start button was pressed a series of faults were displayed and the systems would then crash and restart. Land Rover Assist attended and the car was then taken to a dealers to attempt to resolve the issue. Over a week later the car was returned, but whilst the car would start it won't lock. LR Assist attended, were unable to resolve and so it's been back to the dealers. This morning they were unable to resolve and so on Thursday we have a courtesy car coming so LR can spend some time trying to get the issue fixed. Hard to believe that SOTA update can cause issues, but there are a number of reports locally of the same issue. Updates to follow as LR try to resolve.

·
Registered
2021 Discovery Sport P250 HSE in Silicon Silver and Acorn
309 Posts
LRDS 2021 D200 - On Saturday 18th June we had returned from shopping and had a notification in PIVI that there was an update available, so as usual we let it run.
8<
Thanks for posting. Can you recall what the software version for the update was?
Nigel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for posting. Can you recall what the software version for the update was?
Nigel
Hi Nigel, I believe it was 3.2.0. I'm back at LR tomorrow morning, so will post an update once they've had a look. The dealers are booking an appointment with the factory to try and resolve the issue.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hi Nigel, I believe it was 3.2.0. I'm back at LR tomorrow morning, so will post an update once they've had a look. The dealers are booking an appointment with the factory to try and resolve the issue.
Interesting. I've had 3.2.0. since March and nothing untoward (as yet!).

Look forward to any update you can let us have following your visit tomorrow. (y)
Thanks
Nigel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dealer has called to say the DS is now fixed. Last week it would only lock 9 out of 10 times, apparently this is normal to protect the locks from overheating. 4 weeks to resolve a software update issue is a little crackers, the dealer tried changing door lock modules but eventually had to get the factory involved. I have a meeting with the dealer this morning so we can discuss the issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Picked the car up and had a chat with the dealer. They've not seen this issue before and needed factory assistance to resolve. Will see if the next update goes through without issue.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Picked the car up and had a chat with the dealer. They've not seen this issue before and needed factory assistance to resolve. Will see if the next update goes through without issue.
Update version 3.2.1 has just landed in my car within last 48 hours, which appears also to include improved guidance on error reporting when software updates fail to complete. (See my latest thread here: Pivi Software Update 3.2.1)

Nigel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts