Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to pick up my DS on Saturday 21/03/15, told today (Thursday 19/03/15) that LR have told Dealer not to release any DS until they've had a software update.
No details, timescale for fix or new collection date, anyone else had this ???

Sold my BMW 2 weeks ago and had a hire car since in anticipation of collection date.

So near and yet so far, very disappointed LR :-(

·
Registered
27 Posts
I too am due to collect today, but did not get any confirmation yesterday. I drove past the dealer last night and my DS is still in the 'pound awaiting preparation.
If there is a software update pending, that may explain it, but I guess I'll find out soon when I phone them at 9am...........
And I too, sold my BMW 2 weeks ago but have been sharing my dear wife's car!

·
Registered
270 Posts
K2BHM said:
I too am due to collect today, but did not get any confirmation yesterday. I drove past the dealer last night and my DS is still in the 'pound awaiting preparation.
If there is a software update pending, that may explain it, but I guess I'll find out soon when I phone them at 9am...........
And I too, sold my BMW 2 weeks ago but have been sharing my dear wife's car!
Indeed. If there's a lesson I've learned from being on this forum its that I am not going to even think about selling my current vehicle until AFTER my DS arrives... whenever that eventually happens!

·
Registered
179 Posts
ozsport said:
Indeed. If there's a lesson I've learned from being on this forum its that I am not going to even think about selling my current vehicle until AFTER my DS arrives... whenever that eventually happens!
Do you know if yours made it out to sea yet?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I got notified last night, along with a VIN (thankfully above the quarantined 16500ish number) that mine was at a UK port for its trip to Canada. I'm assuming it will land in Montreal, then transfer to train to get to me on the Pacific Coast by mid-May.

Update:
As the Halifx AutoPort is closed due to 15,000 vehicles literally stuck in ice at the offload point, all car transports are re-routing to Baltimore.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The more I read the more likely I think it is that mine's not being released for the seat and bonnet issues rather than software as told by the dealer, sorry if this is confusing (it is for me !)
No one else seems to have been told it's a software update issue.

Latest is an apologetic dealer who has no answers and no revised collection date.
:cry:

·
Registered
27 Posts
My own latest update from my dealer.......
I have picked up my DS this evening. Apparently there are a number of issues causing LR to quarantine some LRs - not just DSs - rear seat release switches, headlamp rubbing and a software update. I was lucky that my DS was clear of these issues. Apparently the term Quarantine is being used rather than "Safety recall" and mine was one of only a few recent deliveries that have been cleared for collection.
So it seems the delays on some vehicles is real, but not all cars are affected which explains the patchy arrival of cars.
I hope this helps everyone affected by these delays.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Got mine, is in the VIN range for all the issues, but no one at my dealers knows anything about what's required.

They have 172 cars to,go out in March, nearly half are on hold, due issues affecting the DS, RR & RRS...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks K2BHM and Triple7 for the update, enjoy yours, hope to be joining you soon in that respect, Cheers.

·
Registered
270 Posts
TugPilot said:
ozsport said:
It hasn't :cry: . There's been no update since 13 March when it was "returned to shipper".

·
Registered
270 Posts
ozsport said:
TugPilot said:
ozsport said:
It hasn't :cry: . There's been no update since 13 March when it was "returned to shipper".
Just got an update though :) New voyage details scheduled to depart UK on Monday and arrive in Brisbane end of April, which is actually about a week earlier than was originally scheduled so not all bad I guess!

·
Registered
7 Posts
srdsol said:
Due to pick up my DS on Saturday 21/03/15, told today (Thursday 19/03/15) that LR have told Dealer not to release any DS until they've had a software update.
No details, timescale for fix or new collection date, anyone else had this ???

Sold my BMW 2 weeks ago and had a hire car since in anticipation of collection date.

So near and yet so far, very disappointed LR :-(
Same issue with Stratstone Stourbridge. Scheduled to collect 10:00 Monday but have been advised car is on hold. :(

·
Registered
179 Posts
srdsol said:
Can't believe that the release is held due to a software update being needed. That one, at least, is easy for JLR to send to dealers and for dealers to plug in their laptop and update the car's software.
Suspect more likely its the row 2 electric seat release quarantine issue...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Latest update from Dealer today - There is still no update, still no software fix available and still no idea when vehicles will be released. :oops:

To be honest I find it really hard to comprehend that a major OEM of fairly up market motors can deal with a situation like this and its customers so badly.
For many it will be their first experience of buying a new Land Rover, and to have a first impression of not being able to collect your car that has been sat in a Dealer's compound gathering dust with no real explanation of the delay or any indication of when the issue will be resolved is frankly unacceptable by today's standards.

In my opinion it's the PR equivalent to shooting yourself in the foot and they've made a right pigs ear of it instead of coming clean that there's a problem and showing their customers how well they deal with it. :evil:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Agree, ALWAYS communicate both good and bad to keep a customer's understanding and some levels of patience...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts