Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DS is coming up to its 1st 1000 miles, and has performed pretty well to date, not had any of the problems reported on here, the ride is generally very smooth, however I have noticed a couple of possible faults:
1. On longer runs that there is a noticeable slight vibration/resonance that can be felt through the gear lever (mine is manual with 20" wheels) this seems to be more noticeable when the accelerator peddle is fully released and the engine is coasting/slowing the car down, but still engaged in gear.
2. Also when driving quickly down twisty, bumpy country roads, Its not the most stable ride I have experienced!, and can get a little out of shape if you are not careful, I think this is not helped by the very positive steering on these cars.
Has anyone else noticed any of these or should I be checking it in with the dealers.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It only seems to be noticeable when the engine is slowing down with the accelerator peddle fully released, for example in 6th at 70 all nice and smooth no steering wheel judder, tracks in a straight line, then if I take my foot completely off the accelerator to loose some speed etc, then I notice a small amount of vibration through the gear knob/lever, if I push the clutch in (and free coast) or apply the accelerator it goes away, so I have assumed it is connected directly to the engine or engine mountings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.