Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'd like to canvas the forum's thoughts on colour choice for the roof rails.

Not to worried about the price differential, as its small. We'll be going for a pano roof so won't need the ditch finishers either (there is an error in one of the brochures that transposes the requirement for the ditch finishers to the wrong roof rail fitment, they are only needed if you DONT have a pano roof).

My thoughts: SE & SE Tech: dark atlas, narvic,brunel exterior trims = Black roof rails. Particularly as there is no chrome trim around the windows.
HSE: A bit more silver in the grille and side vents so silver roof rails would probably work.
HSE Lux: Lots of bright silver front and aft so Silver works...
Any with black pack = black roof rails.

What do you think.

B

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Black pack - black rails, otherwise go silver.
I was talking to the rail manufacture yesterday asking why the black is more than the silver as traditional you would expect the silver to be more. Apparently even through the appearance specification is the same they get a higher fall out at inspection on the black which reflects in the price, although as you can imagine the price to JLR is nothing like you and I have to pay.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Definitely black roof rails.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Deffo black rails even if no black pack but have gone for the black roof imo

·
Registered
829 Posts
French video with roof rails and almond interior:

·
Registered
562 Posts
They are pretty expensive for what they are....

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The can be fitted yourself if you so desire as there is no need to remove the headlining just the exterior trim strips.
Chances are you may be able to buy then from somewhere like Duckworths with a bit of a discount.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm not sure you actually get them at a discount as such, you just don't pay the 'fitted' price. The fitting is listed as 45 mins (I think) - looks pretty simple. I'll be asking for the bits of trim back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.