Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking about calling my dealer and ordering some side steps. Never seen them in the flesh on a discovery sport but quite like the idea. Anyone got a set on red black edition that they have pics of, and what do folks think about the price.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
We didn't, after checking that unlike the D2, the boss can get in without them.

Then I found it'd probably be easier to keep the pan-roof clean if I had steps to stand on! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I saw a DS with side steps at Westover Land Rover in Salisbury earlier this week. Interestingly, it was next to another DS that had a bike on the roof.

My assessment was that getting a bike/on off the roof *without* side steps might be a bit tricky, but could probably be done by opening the doors and standing on the tread plate.

However, if you're thinking of them as purely cosmetic additions, I didn't think they really worked. Perhaps the DS is a bit low to carry them off, compared to say a full fat Disco or Landcruiser.

At least they're just a dealer fit, if I change my mind after I take delivery.

Jon

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've already ordered them, saves scuffing the door sills with kids/short people.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'd say yes. We bought our DS and it came with side steps, on by mistake. Anyways the dealer said it was not worth removing as they couldn't use them again so we got them for free. Wasn't convinced that they worked with the DS to start with but after a while found them handy to get in and out as well as reach the roof for cleaning. I grew to like the look too.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think the DS can *just about* carry off the ruggedness required to justify the side steps. Shame they are fixed, and quite slim....

·
Registered
20 Posts
How much are the side steps and the mud flaps Roger?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.