Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wondered how this was going to run. The post today answered that question, my plan membership card arrived.

The letter referees to the DS as Land Rover 550 (Discovery Sport), why not Land Rover Discovery Sport ? I know the model code is L550 but it just seemed odd to me.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Terms are "all servicing requirement for 5 years or 50k miles, whichever come first". Servicing is mostly check and top up apart from engine oil and filter. Ingenium engines need th adBlue topped up and not to forget that all-important pollen filter! Keep th warranty watertight.
Land Rover 550 model name because it may not be Discovery Sport in U.S. (LR3?)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Chris b said:
Terms are "all servicing requirement for 5 years or 50k miles, whichever come first". Servicing is mostly check and top up apart from engine oil and filter. Ingenium engines need th adBlue topped up and not to forget that all-important pollen filter! Keep th warranty watertight.
Land Rover 550 model name because it may not be Discovery Sport in U.S. (LR3?)
Thanks for the info. Do you think for what it cost the plan is worth the $?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi, how long, after purchase, did it take for the service plan details to come through? Ta

·
Registered
118 Posts
I originally opted for the 5 year service plan when ordering as its a no brainier, then found out it was being offered as a freebie incentive promotion so ended up with it at no cost anyway :D . No cards or things through the post yet though.
Only strange thing was Dealer said service intervals would be 10k not 16k ????

·
Registered
533 Posts
With the ingenium engines the service interval has increased again to 21,000 miles (up from 16,000). Will the plan include the adblue fluid top up?
Most people will now have fewer service intervals during the life of the plan...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Beast, I'm guessing it's so you use up the free services quicker and they can get you paying earlier ?! will see how it goes.

Also no stamped up service book any more, all on computer now apparently.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Beast said:
srdsol said:
I originally opted for the 5 year service plan when ordering as its a no brainier, then found out it was being offered as a freebie incentive promotion so ended up with it at no cost anyway :D . No cards or things through the post yet though.
Only strange thing was Dealer said service intervals would be 10k not 16k ????
I understood from the dealer (and also in the handbook I believe) the service interval is 16,000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes sooner.
Service interval for the DS (PSA engine) is 16000mls but the service plan is for 5 years or 50000mls, I only do about 8000 a year so I will get the 5 years from it.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Not transerable to new vehicle but can be transferred to new owner of the vehicle taken out on. Probably only useful if you are selling car privately as if part ex with LR dealer will probably not be offered with car when they sell on.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I collected mine at the start of April, it does seem they have all been sent out as a large batch to cover everyone who have collected so far.

·
Registered
114 Posts
They must have posted them all out in a batch as I got mine yesterday too.

Agree the reference to Land Rover 550 (Discovery Sport) was odd especially as it was mentioned 3 times. Marketing department did not vet service plan admins comms I guess!

Called a DS in USA too btw.

·
Registered
270 Posts
BobbyBox said:
With the ingenium engines the service interval has increased again to 21,000 miles (up from 16,000). Will the plan include the adblue fluid top up?
Most people will now have fewer service intervals during the life of the plan...
I read somewhere that it does, but can't remember where.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.