Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Pete,

There has been a discussion elsewhere about the £499 5 year service plan and how this relates to the new Ingenium engine with the 2 year service interval, http://www.discosportforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1172

This doesn't seem to represents value for money any longer as in the past when the service interval was 1 year, is there a plan to either reduce the cost or increase the plan duration, maybe 6 years to improve value for money or should we just forget this option?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi Andy,

With the introduction of the Ingenium Engine, in line with this for the UK market there will be two available service plans for the Land Rover Discovery Sport.

Discovery Sport AJ200 Diesel: Standard Mileage
5 Years/50,000 miles (whichever occurs first)
Priced: £499
Up to 2 services following standard 2 years/21,000 mile servicing intervals
Includes AdBlue and MOT Protect

Discovery Sport AJ200 Diesel: High Mileage
5 Years/75,000 miles (whichever occurs first)
Priced: £649
Up to 3 services following standard 2 years/21,000 mile servicing intervals
Includes AdBlue and MOT Protect

Many thanks,
Pete

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
£499 plan is 4 years not 5 and max 42k miles as you will hit mileage or date point either way - £649 should be 6 years or you will need to do 63k miles within 5 years to trigger third service :?

By my reckoning you need to do over 12k miles pa to consider ₤649 worth doing :!:

When I ordered few weeks ago I was only offered £499 - how do I change this now :?:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Muddywheels said:
£499 plan is 4 years not 5 and max 42k miles as you will hit mileage or date point either way - £649 should be 6 years or you will need to do 63k miles within 5 years to trigger third service :?

By my reckoning you need to do over 12k miles pa to consider ₤649 worth doing :!:

When I ordered few weeks ago I was only offered £499 - how do I change this now :?:
I was told at the time by my dealer that the service plan can be added within the first month of the delivery, so I can only assume you can cancel or amend? speak to your dealer I am sure he can do something.

·
Registered
353 Posts
My dealer told me to pay for service plan on collection or your basically paying interest on it and increasing your monthly payment.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Charles said:
So the service plan for the old 2.2 is cheaper at 499 for 5 years.
On the flip side, this probably helps the residuals of the new model vs the annual servicing requirement of the MY15....should save a tidy sum for second hand buyers without a service plan in the future.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi All,

Just to clarify, service plans can be purchased within 90 days of initial registration. Therefore if you have ordered a vehicle with the Ingenium Engine, please contact your local Land Rover retailer within this time period to purchase your chosen service plan.

Many thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm with muddywheels.

Can LR rep explain in what scenario can a buyer be getting a benefit of the £499 /5 year plan, beyond year 4.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Pete, so does this service plan include Adblue top ups if required between official services?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi,

The Plans include Adblue top up at the time of servicing.

The time / mileage quoted is to advise the duration / expiry of the plan. However, for servicing I would advise following your vehicles service schedule, which in the case of the 16MY Discovery Sport with Ingenium engine is every 34,000 km/21,000 miles or 24 months (whichever occurs first).

Many thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
270 Posts
disco-disco-bob said:
Coming from an engineering background, if the only thing that has changed is the engine; is the rest of the car going to last 2 years between services??
So far I'm averaging about 3 weeks between trips to the dealer :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
82 Posts
Pete,

How do I sign up for the higher mileage service plan package (@ £649)......the only one that seems to be available is the £499 option.

My dealership seem very unaware of the situation.......disagreed with me when I mentioned the 21,000 service interval (confidently stating it was still 16,000) until I showed them the LR brochure..........and when I mentioned this higher mileage servicing option again knew nothing about it, claiming it wasn't a LR standard and must be a special deal a particular dealer had packaged!

S.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Pete,

Grateful if you could comment on this issue as it's confusing a few of us!

http://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/service-and-maintenance/new-discovery-sport-approved-service-pack.html

Website shows the £499 (50,000 miles) and £649 (75,000 miles options). It then goes on to list the standard service items which would be completed at 12, 24, 36, 48, and 60 months......despite the quoted service interval for the (Ingenium engined) DS being 2 years or 21,000 miles.

For absolute clarity, and assuming I am doing 16,000 miles per year........

- When will I first be putting in the car for service? At 12 months (as per the details on this web page) or at 21,000 miles?

- Given the size of the Adblue tank, would any Adblue top-ups BETWEEN SERVICES be completed as part of this service package? I believe this has been confirmed previously, but I am finding conflicting wording on various posts, some referring to Adblue top-ups only as part of a service.

- How can a dealer sell me this £649 package when it doesn't appear to be on their system, and certainly isn't on the configurator.

Regards,

S.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I would appreciate the answer to this too, either the Land Rover website is giving duff information or there is a major misunderstanding somewhere.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.