Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that my original service plan has ended I'm mulling as to whether to take out another one or just pay for the individual services.
What have people paid for third & fourth service?

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
705 Posts
Brought my car in today for yearly check up. Not at a dealer of course.

My Motul oil I had to bring with me. So cost of service (adding in cost of my oil) was $200.00.CDN That included oil change, filter, tire rotation, brake fluid change and inspection,, and several taxes and enviro levy

This a post I made on another forum in January of this year. Of course a Diesel would cost a little more. Average car owner in Canada keeps a car around 7 years and cars usually are on the road for about 11 years or longer. I don't know anyone who follows manufacture recommendations. My father had a GM car that had over 500,000 KM when it was stolen and only had yearly oil changes.

My car went into service December 6th 2015 ,a 2016 model.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I have just had my first service on my latest DS. immediately prior to service I received an email from my dealer offering a service plan which included year 2 and year 4 service, plus 2 MoT’s for £917. The cost of the stand alone year 2 service was to be £515, so a decent saving.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have just had my first service on my latest DS. immediately prior to service I received an email from my dealer offering a service plan which included year 2 and year 4 service, plus 2 MoT’s for £917. The cost of the stand alone year 2 service was to be £515, so a decent saving.
As I said, I've had those two services, I was after costs past year 4

·
Registered
187 Posts
You can get the service cost in the online service booking form on land rovers website. It does differ from garage to garage so try a few if you have several local ones.

Alternatively just use a local garage you trust as there’s nothing overtly complicated about the normal services. Don’t think there’s much major until year 7. Certainly on mine where it was the cambelt.

Depends how much you value preserving the online service history vs having paper copies of services.

·
Registered
447 Posts
42,000 mile service and MOT (£39) was £658.28 including VAT
Included Pollen filter, oil filter, sump plug, screen wash (£6.51), foam pad (MLR079995), fuel filter, fob battery, air filter, oil, Adblue (£3).

Reactions: RPR

·
Registered
499 Posts
Have you registered with My Land Rover? If you have, you can go to book a service online and you will get the discounted 3+ service costs for each service. You can effectively shop around between different dealers too. On the OSH site you can download the job sheets so you can see exactly what gets done at a main dealer.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you registered with My Land Rover? If you have, you can go to book a service online and you will get the discounted 3+ service costs for each service. You can effectively shop around between different dealers too. On the OSH site you can download the job sheets so you can see exactly what gets done at a main dealer.
Yes I'm registered, as I said already had a service plan that covered the first four years. Won't need a service now for two years, was wondering what individial service costs had been for people so I can compare with my service plan quote and make an informed decision.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Was in the local dealers today, enquired what the cost of the first service of my P300e would be, they quoted £212 which I thought was fairly reasonable. Also went online last night for quote for a service plan, quote came out at over £1500 ! But it seems LR haven’t got their act together yet as it was saying service required every 2 years or 21000 miles with the last (3rd) service of the plan in 2028 or 63000 miles. Dealer reaffirmed P300e is annually or 10,000miles

·
Registered
510 Posts
First service on my Sept 2019 (My2020) P250 was £335 in August 2021, next service August 2023. Not on a service plan as my dealer's service manager said not to bother and they'd see mr right. Just MOT due in 2022. LR Plan quoted pre delivery was about £1600+ for 3 services over 6 years (66k miles).

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
First service on my Sept 2019 (My2020) P250 was £335 in August 2021, next service August 2023. Not on a service plan as my dealer's service manager said not to bother and they'd see mr right. Just MOT due in 2022. LR Plan quoted pre delivery was about £1600+ for 3 services over 6 years (66k miles).
I need owner's costs for service 3 & 4 only, had second one done last week

·
Registered
329 Posts
Was in the local dealers today, enquired what the cost of the first service of my P300e would be, they quoted £212 which I thought was fairly reasonable. Also went online last night for quote for a service plan, quote came out at over £1500 ! But it seems LR haven’t got their act together yet as it was saying service required every 2 years or 21000 miles with the last (3rd) service of the plan in 2028 or 63000 miles. Dealer reaffirmed P300e is annually or 10,000miles
This is unusual, and there's clearly something wrong!

I purchased a 3 year service plan (in January this year) @£732 directly from Land Rover and it is based on 10,000 miles or every 12 months which as you say is the correct service interval for a P300e - this is confirmed by accessing the Online Service History portal and is what the car says in Pivi Pro.
Font Rectangle Parallel Number Screenshot

Looking at the service plans available for my car now it lists exactly what you have seen; 24 months or 21,000 miles for three services @£1571!
Font Rectangle Screenshot Number Software

However - you can change the plan from every 24 months to the correct (IMO) 12 months by using the 'Change Plan' link on that results page and selecting the alternative;
Font Screenshot Software Rectangle Number

I spoke to a couple of dealers about the three service costs, and the pricing they gave worked out at around a 25% saving when taking the service plan. Obviously, this is based on the prices at the point of quotation, and subsequent point of purchase so also beating any potential price rises over the term of the plan.

·
Registered
12 Posts
First post, so please be gentle.

I’ve just had my D180 (2017) serviced at 59k. Both Marshall’s and Listers wanted £680 for this, supposedly on the 3+ deal. It’s only an A service, so I queried why it was so high with nothing of them.

Marshall's told me that flexible brake hoses need replacing on the 3rd (6 year) service. Listers we’re useless and just said it’s what the computer screen said it would cost.

does anybody know if they are one and the same company, I find it odd that they were exactly the same price. What are the flexible brake hoses made out of, Platinum? 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
896 Posts
Why does P-300e need serviced at 10000 miles and diesels are twice that figure?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Why does P-300e need serviced at 10000 miles and diesels are twice that figure?
Other than it being a different engine and petrol I don‘t know either - maybe LR were bitten by the oil dilution issue with diesels and want to keep on top of oil changes. It doesn’t bother me particularly, I’m of the belief that oil should be changed once a year or around 10,000 miles anyway. What is curious is that the engine servicing elements are based on overall mileage rather than just petrol engine mileage, and the two figures could be wildly different. For example, I’m now at 1500 miles and the trip computer is telling me that 950 of those miles have been done on electric only, so the petrol engine wasn’t even at idle.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
First post, so please be gentle.

I’ve just had my D180 (2017) serviced at 59k. Both Marshall’s and Listers wanted £680 for this, supposedly on the 3+ deal. It’s only an A service, so I queried why it was so high with nothing of them.

Marshall's told me that flexible brake hoses need replacing on the 3rd (6 year) service. Listers we’re useless and just said it’s what the computer screen said it would cost.

does anybody know if they are one and the same company, I find it odd that they were exactly the same price. What are the flexible brake hoses made out of, Platinum? 🤷‍♂️
This is on the service plan quote I got

Service number Included
S1 - Service 3
Due March 2024
Brake Fluid
Brake Hoses
Engine Oil
Interior Air Filter
Labour Hours - (2.5)
Oil Filter
Washer Fluid

S2 - Service 4
Due March 2026
Air Filter(s)
Brake Fluid
Engine Oil
Fuel Filter
Fuel Filter Foam Pad
Interior Air Filter
Labour Hours - (1.5)
Oil Filter
Washer Fluid
All service

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my DS about one year ago from a LR official dealer and they made the 3rd service before the delivery. 11 month / about 23.000 km later now my car tells me that a service is needed in 2.000 km. Too early I think but anyway, ohs.landrover.com says "Please note that service intervals always represent the maximum time and distance that should exist between servicing. Driving style and conditions may necessitate earlier servicing as indicated by the notifications on your instrument panel."

I have contacted the nearest LR Dealer (which is not the one where I had purchased the car) for the 4th service.
Below you can find their quotation. Yellow marked is including VAT. I'm sorry for the fact that it is in German...

Actually I have one more year warranty and I don't know if the warranty is invalid if I go to any other workshop to get the service done.
I also don't know if any other workshop can fill out the servicing history of the vehicle in the online system. Any idea guys???
I would prefer to go to the workshop I trust since this seems very expensive. I would appreciate if anyone has a recommendation about this.

Font Parallel Rectangle Number Document

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
705 Posts
WOW! If I read this correctly there was a charge of 197 euros just for oil. My last inspection cost around 150 euro ( if my currency converter is right) including oil that I used. Oil was imported from Europe to west coast of Canada.

In 6 years of ownership my service costs average around $150 cdn a year. Never at a dealership, and never have had to show any proof of service when car was in for warranty work.

Works to be less than £95 or around € 110.

My last vehicle was a Mercedes I bought new and service costs where about the same.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts