Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DiscoDan mentioned that he was missing the self parking feature on his new DS and it seems to have started quite a discussion.

Although I myself can't comment since I haven't got mine yet it may be of interest to learn of other members experiences with this feature.

Any comment?

·
Registered
100 Posts
The Lux has parallel and perpendicular parking. Have tried out both, including exiting from parallel park (though I waited until evening in our local town in case I made a mess of it).
It works really well. Bit of a leap of faith taking my hands of the wheel though, but then driverless cars are the future apparently!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi Chippy

Tried it a couple of times and works like a charm. Disconcerting to see the wheel spinning without your input, and with the parking sensors squeaking away, makes the whole thing a little bum-clenching the first time....but the results are great. No curbed alloys for sure... :)

Cheers

b1ggles2

·
Registered
166 Posts
I tried it on test drive but I think we confused it. Ended up mounting the curb and all sorts.. Just wish the button was easier to reach as that would make it easier to engage when looking for a slot..

·
Registered
62 Posts
I use the parallel park quite a bit and its has always performed really well, always in first time and perfect. One exception was when it thought a space was too small that I had to self park (no pressure from the passengers !). I have also used the park exit once but it tried to exit me onto the pavement !!, possible user error. I have found the perpendicular park hopeless, it never seems to put enough lock on early enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.