Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can get a OBD port lock for the DS? Can't seem to find one yet.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Jacko said:
Does anyone know if you can get a OBD port lock for the DS? Can't seem to find one yet.
What's an OBD port lock? I know what the port is just wonder what a lock for it is all about?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car thieves are plugging in devices to re program blank keys by accessing this port. Some manufacturers make locks to cover the port to help prevent this.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I see. Can't say I know where the OBD port is on the DS but presume it is inside the car. Do thieves break into the car to programme keys?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes very easily. Can block your signal when you think you have deadlocked it. Can take about 20 seconds to reprogram your car to their previously blank key before they're off. Industry wide problem. Most OBD ports are in either of the front foot wells. Not sure where the DS port is yet.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks, I learn something new all the time.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I posted this the other day;

There is I believe a solution to the use of the ODB2 port to reprograms a key, I have not tried it but will be ordering one. it is called CAN LOCK see here
It basically from what I can gather hides/masks the part of the software that allow a key to be reprogrammed, the box is hidden within the vehicle and you need to find and disconnect it to allow the key program feature to be used.

I had a Faultmate FCR from here on the D3 which worked a treat.

NB just in case anyone wonders I am nothing to do with the manufacture of these units.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I emailed JLR and asked about a port lock. There response was..

"Jaguar Land Rover cannot comment on OBD Port locks being added to our vehicles . This is not something that has been tested by us and is not an approved accessory"

That'll be a no then! Given this is and industry wide issue I would have hoped they'd be looking into this.

Incidentally the measurements provided for the steering wheel We're 375mm if anyone was thinking of buying a Disklok, which should be a size small.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Jacko
"Jaguar Land Rover cannot comment on OBD Port locks being added to our vehicles . This is not something that has been tested by us and is not an approved accessory"

That'll be a no then! Given this is and industry wide issue I would have hoped they'd be looking into this.
Very surprised that they are not pursuing this, I quizzed my salesman to the same effect. 'Could do better' comes to mind. It would be a cheap solution, but not if it voids warranty.

Also surprised that with all the thefts of winch secured spare wheels, LR have not started to fit a wheel security plate as a standard factory fitment when a spare is specified! They could do this so easily!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.