Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On all my previous Landrovers I have been able to access the secret menu by holding various keys, on my Evoque if you held the Valet button for 40 seconds you entered a different menu, has anyone tried this yet? My car is parked ½ mile away (I'm on holidays) otherwise I would go and try it now.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Anyone find a secret menu?

·
Registered
107 Posts
welshdisco said:
On all my previous Landrovers I have been able to access the secret menu by holding various keys, on my Evoque if you held the Valet button for 40 seconds you entered a different menu, has anyone tried this yet? My car is parked ½ mile away (I'm on holidays) otherwise I would go and try it now.
what options were on the secret menu, was it any use?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I tried it on my 2013 Freelander 2. Not much of interest. The logo changed to a Jaguar one. Info on the last software update and version I think And there was a screen to change touch sensitivity. If I recall it went white and I couldn't turn it off. Only locking and leaving the car cured it.

You get far much more interesting stuff on the DS free App and on the car's screen - 4WD graphics, enviro page etc.

That said, I'd love to find some new DS "tricks"

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
The D3/4 secret menu had all sorts. Error codes logged, voltage of battery and charge, GPS info, software versions, camera diagnostics etctec. Quite handy for seeing what error codes the car had logged and helped me diagnose a battery issue I had that caused all the wiper me to move at half speed. Battery wasn't being charged correctly at times.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I seem to remember holding the valet button in DS shows software code and other things, works on Meridian not sure about standard system.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
It does on standard too, locks out SatNav and phone memory, stops boot being opened (not much use setting on arrival at airport Meet & Greet with boot full of cases as you can't then get them out....).

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
philn said:
I seem to remember holding the valet button in DS shows software code and other things, works on Meridian not sure about standard system.
Doesnt seem to be the same :( Will ask around some folk closer to LR ;)

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I don't see anythimg at all on the Standard InControl system

·
Registered
14 Posts
From the bottom photo, keep hold for 6/7 seconds the Source (sorgente) and will appear the screen with the parameter. I have the basic version of IncontrolTouch, no Meridian.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
OH... i'm sure thats what I did. Was the engine off or on ? Will try again.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Tried yesterday but couldn't get the page up, I was on a DAB radio station. Just tried changing it to FM and AM and the engineering screen then shows up when "source" is held down.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Excuse my ignorance but why would I want to be able to view a secret menu?

There's enough in the non-secret one to keep me occupied whilst waiting in the car for SWMBO :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts