Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Predict which engined vehicles are going to be the most sought after or avoided on the second hand market in 1 2 or 3 years time ... the tried and tested sd4 2.2 or those with the first ingenium engines .

·
Registered
829 Posts
Predict who votes for the old 2.2 diesel engine; those who have one or those who were willing to wait 6 months for the new engine

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just make the prediction

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
If anybody wants the old engine they will have to buy second hand, if they want the new engine they will be able to buy new or second hand.
I suppose it's a choice of less mpg or messing about with ad blue.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
In my experience when part exchanging the more up to date model the higher the value. So new engine. If selling privately it will depend on people's budget. At the end of the day we buy what we buy and deal with the consequences later.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I bought my FL2 second hand just because the 3.2 litre petrol engine wasn't anymore available with new cars.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Few years back we had similar discussions over the celica boards, where the cut off on non-facelift models was set at 8200rpm while on the newer ones at 7800rpm. Everybody was saying that the old cars will be more sought after than the new ones. Today the old ones sell for less than a grand while the facelift models can get around 3k.

No brainer for me,
newer engine = updated model = more value or at least easier to sell when time comes to go.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Still don't see what the fuss is about over the new engine, the figures ain't impressive, certainly not worth the hype. Fit an SCR system to the PSA engine and you have pretty much the same figures.

At the end of the day it all depends if the buyer wants the hassle with the adblue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.