Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

Am new to this forum and have to admit I'm a Freelander owner. But I wanted to ask about the seats in the DS. I've just driven over 1,000 miles in a single day sitting in the FL2 and have emerged without backache. The Windsor seats in the HSE LUX are fantastic for my 6ft 4 frame.

How do they compare in the DS? More or less comfortable, supportive?

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I found the seats as comfortable as the RR Evoque yet slightly less support on the side. Seats are firm and comfortable for long journeys. Seat base should ideally be longer or extendable

·
Registered
562 Posts
The seats are good, if a touch too firm. Very similar to the FL2. Agree that an extending seat base would be perfect. Opt for the 10way with memory.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes def opt for 10 way with memory (comes standard with HSE), I love the seats. Very comfortable for long drives and lots of manoeuvrability

·
Registered
58 Posts
As I'll be the sole driver I don't need memory seats but can you still get the same degree of movement from the non electric seats?

·
Registered
562 Posts
weh_aye_man said:
As I'll be the sole driver I don't need memory seats but can you still get the same degree of movement from the non electric seats?
No lumber on 8 way. Main reason to get memory seats is for the mirror drop on reverse. Was standard on FL2 HSE, but not DS.

·
Registered
30 Posts
After 2 days with my new DS, I'm a bit worried about the seats. I suffer with backache as well, and I'm feeling a twinge after driving for an hour. Hopefully I just need to get the adjustment right. I'm wishing I'd gone for the electric seats now, though, rather than the manual, which don't have as much adjustment.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Drove back from Italy. I'm 6'1" have memory seats and had no problems at all.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I've just spent 2 days with a Seat Mii as a loan car, jumping back into the DS the seats are fantastic, no complaints from me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.