Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound ridiculous but it is a major problem for me. I upgraded my beautiful 4 year old Freelander for a gorgeous Discovery Sport 4 weeks ago. It was ordered in November 2014 without seeing or test driving as there were none available to see at the time. My problem is, the seat belts do not adjust up and down as in all other vehicles I have owned, including my last two Freelanders. I am a petite lady (5ft3) and LR dealer answer was "just higher the seat", the seat is at full height but the seat belt cuts into my neck and is painful not just uncomfortable and in an accident will no doubt strangle me. I have brought a child's seat belt attachment but this cannot be a long term help as it states 'not for adult use'. I have told my dealer they may have to take the car back as I just can't find a solution. They think the 2016 build has adjustable seat belts is this correct? Can you offer any advice for this silly problem but one I cannot seem to cure?
Thank you Den

·
Registered
677 Posts
It's been bugging me also, it's not a major problem for me but it is irritating.

In an accident it will no doubt cause a serious neck injury.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I agree. My wife is small in stature and it's a problem for her which unfortunately we didn't pick up on the test drive. Raising the seat doesn't help with reaching the pedals. We love the car, but this is a serious omission of a necessary feature which we enjoyed on the D3, particularly given the price tag and the range of toys on board

·
Registered
163 Posts
This is nuts, why didn't LR spec one at the design stage...?

I'm 6'2" and my wife is 5'2", this is another tick in the con box for us, sadly the list of cons is too long for a premium vehicle with this kind of price tag.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
It is surprising considering that most mass production B segment ( Focus/Leon) have them.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Odd. what doesn't help is Pete from landrover customer services saying there are no plans to change on M16 car, LR need to start listening to their customers. We all make mistakes but hopefully we learn from them.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
All of the comments are, of course, correct but at the end of the day it's simply about costreduction. As far as I'm aware BMW have no seat belt height adjustment on any of their models which was a problem for my wife (4'11") when we had a 1 series model.

She's OK with the DS since her torso is relatively long in relation to her total height.

Manufacturers will design for the 95% male and female and everybody else has to suffer.

It's also not something they can do a quick fix on. I've no doubt we'll see this problem raising its ugly head on other LR models in the future as well.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
rtdf, then I was wrong about all BMW models but maybe you're talking about an older model. Before we ordered our DS we looked at the X3 and that certainly didn't have height adjustable seat belts. The salesman said that was the same for all BMW models but maybe he was wrong.

It's really not relavant anyway but I just wanted to make the point that, in my humble opinion, it's all about cost saving.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts