Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you frustrated by the seat belt warning going off (even when reversing which is legal not to be wearing a seatbelt) the the old method of disabling that works on the FL2 and RRE still works of the DS.

keep feet of pedals and press the start button to get the ignition on and then repeatedly latch and unlatch 10 or 11 times until you here a bing. It is then switched off. Repeat to switch back on. If you disconnect the battery then it will revert to on.

Usual health warnings of own risk etc and drive with seat belt!

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Thanks and Danke BFGDSMan. I've not got mine yet but will certainly try it when it's there.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No dramas, I think the latching/unlatching needs to be done within 60 secs and you must be sat in the drivers seat and use the drivers seat belt and receptor!

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Somebody previously posted that it had to be latched/unlatched 13 times which adds up as you may be unlucky if you forget to reactivate.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Done mine took 10 latches to deactivate

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry to drag an old post up, does this deactivate for both the front seats ? As most ladies do, my wife places a large bag of uselessness, namely her handbag, on the passenger seat and she gets the seat belt warning which is pretty annoying. It even says in the handbook that this is the norm and putting a seatbelt around the item is safer. Yeah, right, sounds like a convenient excuse not to design the thing properly in the first place!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.