Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I live in United States and was happy to receive one of the first Discovery sport limited launch edition (250 made) this past weekend. however since I saw my car in the dealership on Saturday I had not yet even physically sat inside of it due to various inspections needed to be completed prior to releasing to me. I was scheduled to pick up the car yesterday but was told everything checked out fine except for the SD card for some reason not loading navi info. By the end of day, the dealer said they could not figure out why it wasn't loading, and that they would not be able to continue the diagnose due to not having the latest equipment because the infotainment system is brand new version. they however contacted the Land Rover North America headquarter for support, and "hopefully" would get it resolved today so I can finally drive it home.

I'm just wondering if members have experienced this issue? I would post this on the US forum but no one has taken delivery yet. being a first time LR owner this definitely makes me worried as I read that LR does not have good reputation when it comes to reliability. I love their cars though.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Adam, that's the one I found too. but I don't see anyone posted their own cars so I'd assume no one has taken delivery yet. I live in Los Angeles, and the dealers around the area told me the few shipments they received last weekend were by surprise as they were scheduled to arrive in early May.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
There was a thread on the LR TOPix system about the SD card not reloading correctly, your dealer should have access to it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the reply Guy. How do you like the Yulong white? it's great isn't it? it's not available in the US till 2016 model but it is on the launch edition.

btw, I just got a text from dealer that they figured out it was just a programing error of the SD card. the car should be ready today. can't wait!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Disco said:
Thank you for the reply Guy. How do you like the Yulong white? it's great isn't it? it's not available in the US till 2016 model but it is on the launch edition.

btw, I just got a text from dealer that they figured out it was just a programing error of the SD card. the car should be ready today. can't wait!
Yulong White is cool, especial with the black roof :D

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ashey said:
picked up sunday same issue with ours not recognising sd card but has worked twice speaking with the man who fixes it tommorow
they fixed mine. turned out they just needed a new SD card which was overnighted to my local dealer by North America LR. hope yours work out fine today.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Disco

we only had a phone coversation due to working they said it was a new fault to to him but thought it may be a possible fault with software, he is picking it up tommorow and is confident he will be able to fix it same day as we need car back for Friday we are away with our caravan
I will inform him of your repair,

·
Registered
80 Posts
the car was picked up today the IT guy had a look and took back to dealers,while car was at dealers my wife phoned our salesman to see if he could put in some rubber mats and we would pay by credit card over phone because we was unable to get any when we picked up the car

car came back with working SatNav he said it was a fault with downloading software

And that the rubber mats where fitted and there was no charge due to the problem of the sat nav
very happy with the dealers service

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it must've been the same issue I had. I'm glad it worked out fine for you, and the rubber mats are a bonus to that. are you in US? which dealership is that? mine wouldn't throw in anything free for all I went through

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Disco
No I live in England , our Dealer was Williams of Manchester
been away for the weekend no problems with satnav , although it keeps telling me I am driving over the speed limit very weird but it has made me slow down a bit

1 - 13 of 13 Posts