Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Discovery with the new LR Jaguar Ed4 2.0 diesel engine. As a former Nissan GTR R35 owner, I wanted something remotely "sporty" with the robust looks that only a LandRover has. I therefore wanted the weight as low as possible with the exemption of the 20" black wheels...

- I "saved" some 80kg on the engine weight compared to my current Evoque TD4 2.2. I will also have the new engine chipped and RICA Engineering again expects some 225bhp/500nm torque
- Low CO2 (Diesel 2.0 at 119gram), uses very little fuel (Realistic 45mpg versus some 34mpg for my 2.2 SD4 "Ford" engine)
- I chose a manual over the automatic yet if the weight saving turns out to be very modest, I might have an automatic
- Saved a massive 90kg! by not opting for 7 seats. I agree with all that was said about the shame that such can't be ordered in the UK
- I chose 2WD saving another 50kg
----------------------------------------------------- +
Some 220kg savings over the 4WD 2.2 should result in close to 1525kg. Sounds unrealistic? Well the net weight according to RR of an Evoque 5drs Ed4 2.2 manual 2WD is just 1,545kg. that is with the OLD engine. In addition US press release stated the DS weights less than 100lbs / 45kg over a similar 5drs Evoque

What is your guess on the weight of the Ed4 2WD manual?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Wow, that is a massive weight saving, but if I'm honest buying an SUV is probably not the way to go! I'd be surprised if you got it to 1500kgs. I have just spent some time with a BMW i8 and that has a 3cyl engine and carbonfibre tub and is 1600kgs, admitably that does have a few batteries to cart around.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.