Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Yes, I've searched before I get shouted at!

We have had our Disco Sport HSE for 2 weeks now and love it.

However, every time we lock/unlock state/stop the car, the sat nav volume defaults to 12 (which is far too loud).

So, each time we get in the car we have to go through the main menu to change the sound settings.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

·
Registered
829 Posts
What DS did you buy SV1000? Picture pls!

Guess you also own a Suzuki Vtwin?..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Try adjusting the volume control for the radio while a navigation announcement is playing, this should set the volume for the announcements only.

·
Registered
829 Posts
No it is fine really. Same as on RR Evoque and once adjusted volume is remembered

·
Registered
15 Posts
Interesting thread, I've not really had this problem as I've just knocked the volume right down on the nav and it's stayed down.

But... is there a mute function that's easily accessible for the nav? I ask because I have the nav on so I can see if there's traffic on my way home and have a rough ETA to see if I'll match the other half's train, but I like to listen to the radio and I find it really annoying when it mutes the music to announce the next turning.

Leaving the nav volume right down (off) is fine for the normal commute but when I'm going somewhere unfamiliar it would be good to be able to listen to Nagging Nora without having to go into some menu buried somewhere to put her volume back up?!

·
Registered
157 Posts
There is a mute function, think its in the options section when your on the satnav screen.
I use mute all the time as I hate how its so loud, at least now I can try and turn the volume down now that I know how!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Doelcam said:
Try adjusting the volume control for the radio while a navigation announcement is playing, this should set the volume for the announcements only.
I do this, but the level isn't stored, so I have to do it each time... I'm hoping there is a software update/fix for this next time I have to go to the dealers.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
adam.d.lloyd said:
Doelcam said:
I do this, but the level isn't stored, so I have to do it each time... I'm hoping there is a software update/fix for this next time I have to go to the dealers.
Wouldn't have thought there would be a fix as that's the way it works.

·
Registered
163 Posts
philn said:
adam.d.lloyd said:
Doelcam said:
Wouldn't have thought there would be a fix as that's the way it works.
The volume setting in the general menu remembers the volume settings of other systems, just not the sat nav, seems to be a fault to me.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Muting the announcements is easy: In the nav screen touch the options button with 3 dots (second from bottom, the bottom is the main menu).
Uncheck the option for "Play voice guidance prompts" (top of the list) and press return.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts