Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sat nav seems unable to remember it's 'Home' setting or 'Favourites'. The list is empty when I start it up. Anyone come across this issue?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Never used my sat nav yet.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Hello, when we test drove the car the dealer had his address stored as "Home" and it worked just fine? Generally found the standard system to be very good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Indeed - as it has worked on every other car I have owned. However not on this one. It now seems to be intermittent - sometimes 'Home' and 'Favourites' are there. Other times they are empty. Stumped....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

read now this post. I have the same problems with the sat nav (sd card) on disco sport, pure. Will ask my dealer to fix the problem. Do you fix the problem and can you tell me, what the problem is?

THX, Hans

·
Registered
54 Posts
Before going to the dealer, check if your SD card has a lock switch on. SD card should not be locked. Let us know if it makes any difference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hans123 said:
Hello,

read now this post. I have the same problems with the sat nav (sd card) on disco sport, pure. Will ask my dealer to fix the problem. Do you fix the problem and can you tell me, what the problem is?

THX, Hans
Replacing the SD card sorted various GPS issues on mine, but i had to take pictures before the dealer and LR believed me and replaced it. (crashing, not recognising the card, not recognising the area/roads i was on)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you get an answer to this? I've got the exact same fault.

Mind you, this is my second new discovery sport se tech. My first had so many electrical and mechanical faults I forced landrover to take it back and give me a new one.

I'm pretty sure home was working when I set it up, but now it's not. As for favourites, I have absolutely no idea how to set a 'favourite' as there seems to be no option in the menus to actually save a favourite (unless I've missed something out - the manual has no reference to saving favourites or home).

I've emailed landrover and the dealership anyway.

But before i found this post I came to the conclusion that it wasn't me be a spanner, but it was Landrover yet again unable to create a car that isn't riddled with electrical/electronic faults :(

·
Registered
502 Posts
I find on my DS the Home and Favourites aren't there at initial start-up. Then when the system has read the card they pop up after a few minutes.

With regard to Favourites there should be an option to add Favourites at the top of the list when it has finished booting up after start-up. When I have Empty showing to start with the option isn't there. You can also get to Favourites through the Where to? menu. Also, there is a Go Home option in this menu. If you haven't set a Home Address it will ask you to do this on first selection.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Dave999 said:
My sat nav seems unable to remember it's 'Home' setting or 'Favourites'. The list is empty when I start it up. Anyone come across this issue?
Nope. Clearly faulty - get the dealers on it. Liife's too short to "cope" and you pay enough for it.... #

·
Registered
502 Posts
chucklepie said:
That's the problem. You set home, then it doesn't Save it.

Favourites: no option anywhere I see to added to the list.
chucklepie,

If that's the case there is something wrong with it. Dealer trip in order I fear. Sorry! Best of luck.

G

·
Standard SD satnav system here.
For favourites, I find if I enter a new address, once it's calculated the route and is waiting for you to press the green confirmation, there's also a "Save" button which saves it into your favourites.
For favourites and home, these don't work for me instantly but require 30-60s following booting up.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Gnbio said:
Standard SD satnav system here.
For favourites, I find if I enter a new address, once it's calculated the route and is waiting for you to press the green confirmation, there's also a "Save" button which saves it into your favourites.
For favourites and home, these don't work for me instantly but require 30-60s following booting up.
Same here, otherwise sat nav works well. Some say it's difficult to program and although it's easier than my C class - it's not Google Maps!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Is it possible (like my TomTom standalone Sat-Nav) that Favourites are stored in the Cloud and not on the SD card. If so, getting Favourites (& maybe also Home) is affected by the quality of cell reception.

FYI, I think every DS must have a hidden SIM otherwise remote location of your DS, and remote access to all your journey history is unlikely to work. If the communication technology is the same as my TomTom it is likely to use low bandwidth GPRS.

My home has poor cellphone reception and my SatNav takes several seconds (5-6) before it displaying any of my Favourites. However, other locations where I start up seem to load Favourites faster. That would be consistent with Favourites being stored in the Cloud and downloaded via mobile networks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm glad to say I find the DS sat nav considerably better than that on my previous Audi. No glitches yet so I will keep my fingers crossed!

·
Registered
5 Posts
chucklepie said:
Did you get an answer to this? I've got the exact same fault.

Mind you, this is my second new discovery sport se tech. My first had so many electrical and mechanical faults I forced landrover to take it back and give me a new one.

I'm pretty sure home was working when I set it up, but now it's not. As for favourites, I have absolutely no idea how to set a 'favourite' as there seems to be no option in the menus to actually save a favourite (unless I've missed something out - the manual has no reference to saving favourites or home).

I've emailed landrover and the dealership anyway.

But before i found this post I came to the conclusion that it wasn't me be a spanner, but it was Landrover yet again unable to create a car that isn't riddled with electrical/electronic faults :(
@chucklepie how did you force lr replace your vehicle? Mine has a number of electronic faults, sadly though now 15 months in and may be too late to easily reject

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine is intermittent sometimes home is there sometimes not. I also have an issue when is randomly locks the sat nav. you get turn by turn on the main screen but not the dash display. it also turns off all sound including the radio/media. unfortunately you cannot cancel the guidance, even stopping and locking he unlocking the car doesn't work. I has happened in the uk and in France. Dealer response was initially that i had not selected the change of country and this was not a fault? I now have pictures of it happening in the uk. It is rather random just to keep us on our toes. The sat nav also seems to like routes down the narrowest possible lanes. I think it just looks at speed limits so a single lane track with no specified speed limit gets picked for faster route. I now check routes on google maps on my phone before trusting the sat nav.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts