Discovery Sport Forum banner

Roof rails

14K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  Lofi 
#1 ·
Has anyone seen any yet on a dealer showroom vehicle? I just wondered if the cross bars for my old D3 would fit ?

#5 ·
Triple7 said:
Add the roof rails and LR are now 'renting' all accessories if you want them.
That sounds like a good idea. I'll certainly be speccing the roof rails but the bars I'll only use twice a year for family holidays. Any idea of the type of price a week they are likely to charge, as if it's too much it might be better to just buy the bars?

#7 ·
Would the roofrails still be aluminium colour if you ordered a Black Pack?
I use the Thule wingbars which secure directly on the roof without roofrails (only use them once a year for camping with a large 510 litres roofbox)

#10 ·
Lofi said:
Triple7 said:
Add the roof rails and LR are now 'renting' all accessories if you want them.
That sounds like a good idea. I'll certainly be speccing the roof rails but the bars I'll only use twice a year for family holidays. Any idea of the type of price a week they are likely to charge, as if it's too much it might be better to just buy the bars?
LR will deduct the price of the rental charge from the accessory you hire if you decide to keep it.

#11 ·
Just been looking back at ur helpful pics Triple 7, I'm tempted to go Silver instead of Black for roof rails with my HSE Loire Blue.

#12 ·
Potatoe Farmer said:
Just been looking back at ur helpful pics Triple 7, I'm tempted to go Silver instead of Black for roof rails with my HSE Loire Blue.
Whilst it is a personal taste thing I'd be inclined to agree with you on an HSE in Loire. As you don't have a black roof and are not going for the black pack the silver bars will imo tie in better with the other silver bits on the car.

#13 ·
That's what I'm thinking Lofti, especially when I look at these pics here. The Loire is quite a conservative colour so a little extra silver might lift it.

#14 ·
But it's such a dark blue the black is probably the natural choice...

#15 ·
Not when you load your car with silver details like the fixed side steps...

#17 ·
Potatoe Farmer said:
True, silver it is then. Thanks folks!
Glad that's settled in your mind.

#18 ·
The pics are of an HSE Lux, you lose a lot of the silver trim on an HSE.

I think black works better, but your wheels!

#19 ·
Triple7 said:
The pics are of an HSE Lux, you lose a lot of the silver trim on an HSE.
Isn't it just the fog lamp surrounds and the lettering on the bonnet that are different from the HSE, oh and the tailgate strip?

#20 ·
HSE has light grey trim rather than bright silver; indeed the fog lights surrounds are black on all cars but the HSE Luxury. I would still opt for silver roof rails as Loire Blue can be a bit dark otherwise in my view

#21 ·
I go for silver as well I think it would work well with the dark colour.
True the HSE has black bits ie flog lamp and rear tailgate finisher, but is also has bright parts such as the grill, wing vents and under shields which would go with the bright rails.

#22 ·
I'm thinking about the silver roof bars with Loire blue too..

Anyone got any piccies on a HSE model yet?

#23 ·
Pick up our car on Wednesday, black roof, black rails so will post up some pics

#25 ·
Hi,

Anyone know if you can buy the rails and self fit? On the verge of getting my DS ordered, and the salesman thought they could only be dealer fitted now, but he wasn't 100% sure.

The normal places like Duckworths seem to be lacking them, but I found fitting instructions in another post, and I fitted them myself on my current Evoque, so I would be keen to do so again since it was an easy DIY job and to save a few quid too.

Thanks.

#26 ·
The rails bolt directly to the roof fixings under the original ditch finishers, so can be self installed with the aid of a torque wrench. Once installed, the fixings are then hidden by the top caps.

It's worth noting that the aluminium roof variant will require an ditch finisher to fill the void under the rail but the Pano variant doesn't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.