Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen any yet on a dealer showroom vehicle? I just wondered if the cross bars for my old D3 would fit ?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Yes, I saw them on a preview car, here are a couple of pics....

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, it look as they are T shaped rather than slotted like the D3

Something else the add the the wants list.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Add the roof rails and LR are now 'renting' all accessories if you want them.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Triple7 said:
That sounds like a good idea. I'll certainly be speccing the roof rails but the bars I'll only use twice a year for family holidays. Any idea of the type of price a week they are likely to charge, as if it's too much it might be better to just buy the bars?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think they really suit the car - even before you start thinking about the practicality side. The roof rails and cross bars on the Freelander 2 were awful - looked like you'd had the scaffolders in ......... :?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Would the roofrails still be aluminium colour if you ordered a Black Pack?
I use the Thule wingbars which secure directly on the roof without roofrails (only use them once a year for camping with a large 510 litres roofbox)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought the rails came in either black or silver?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Roof rails come in black or silver as desired.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Lofi said:
Triple7 said:
That sounds like a good idea. I'll certainly be speccing the roof rails but the bars I'll only use twice a year for family holidays. Any idea of the type of price a week they are likely to charge, as if it's too much it might be better to just buy the bars?
LR will deduct the price of the rental charge from the accessory you hire if you decide to keep it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just been looking back at ur helpful pics Triple 7, I'm tempted to go Silver instead of Black for roof rails with my HSE Loire Blue.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Potatoe Farmer said:
Just been looking back at ur helpful pics Triple 7, I'm tempted to go Silver instead of Black for roof rails with my HSE Loire Blue.
Whilst it is a personal taste thing I'd be inclined to agree with you on an HSE in Loire. As you don't have a black roof and are not going for the black pack the silver bars will imo tie in better with the other silver bits on the car.

·
Registered
230 Posts
That's what I'm thinking Lofti, especially when I look at these pics here. The Loire is quite a conservative colour so a little extra silver might lift it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
But it's such a dark blue the black is probably the natural choice...

·
Registered
829 Posts
Not when you load your car with silver details like the fixed side steps...

·
Registered
230 Posts
True, silver it is then. Thanks folks!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Potatoe Farmer said:
True, silver it is then. Thanks folks!
Glad that's settled in your mind.

·
Registered
562 Posts
The pics are of an HSE Lux, you lose a lot of the silver trim on an HSE.

I think black works better, but your wheels!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Triple7 said:
The pics are of an HSE Lux, you lose a lot of the silver trim on an HSE.
Isn't it just the fog lamp surrounds and the lettering on the bonnet that are different from the HSE, oh and the tailgate strip?

·
Registered
829 Posts
HSE has light grey trim rather than bright silver; indeed the fog lights surrounds are black on all cars but the HSE Luxury. I would still opt for silver roof rails as Loire Blue can be a bit dark otherwise in my view

1 - 20 of 28 Posts