Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Just placed an order for a HSE in Fuji White last week - delivery mid June!

However, in all my excitement I didn't read the offer form in great detail. Regarding road tax, I was under the impression that this would be included in the final 'on the road' price and not added on top. Is this correct? Looking through the form, I noticed that the salesperson has added it in addition to the final price, all £635 worth! Even if it is extra, I'm sure it's around the region of 250/300?

·
Registered
562 Posts
You have road tax, new car reg fee and new car tax. Wait til 'Ed' gets in power!

·
Registered
78 Posts
That's correct. The road tax is added after the car costs. If you look at the "configurator" summary page the total there excludes the VED at £290 it also exclude registration fee of £55. The LR website doesn't quote on the road price only final price. If of course you have a cherished plate on retention then you'll not pay the registration fee.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
asl1956 said:
If of course you have a cherished plate on retention then you'll not pay the registration fee.
I missed that one, I still have my plate to transfer, could have save £55.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The on the road price also includes transport costs from factory to dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all - all sorted. The dealer had made an error with how much the included first year road tax should be!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts