Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my mirrors auto dip in reverse but the manual says you can change the position by adjusting while in reverse and then selecting neutral to store. This seems not to work so I switched off dipping in the menus. Wonder if this sub feature isnt on UK cars?

·
Registered
562 Posts
It is, need to try again. Normally while in reverse with foot brake on, set the dip to where you want it and it should return to that position every time you reverse.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Charles said:
Interesting I was told that this feature was only available with the memory seats.
Yup, they won't dip at all unless you have the memory seats.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mmm, same problem with me. We have memory seats and dipping mirror function. I only want the passenger mirror to dip, so have altered mirrors as per manual, but despite selecting neutral, they go back to the default dipped setting when I next select reverse.

Perhaps if I try neutral and then switch off the engine? At the moment the process is: foot brake, engine on, select reverse, adjust mirrors, select neutral and then select park. Upon engaging reverse again, mirrors go back to previous setting.

Am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have memory seats.
Just tried again still no joy.
I will email dealer and see what they say after trying switching engine off after neutral, just in case that works..

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Have you tried having the selector switch for adjusting mirrors set for nearside mirrors, I have to do this on my CRV or they don't dip.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dealer has replied that his demonstrator has the same fault and he will persue that with LR first then advise me of the solution. (tried the left mirror thing Phil, no joy).

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have memory seats and mirrors. The memory function on both the seats and mirrors work fine with one exception. I have (many times!) tried to program the position of the auto-dip mirrors when reversing. I can adjust both near and off side mirrors. However, whilst the offside mirror seems consistently to return to the programmed position in reverse, the nearside mirror dips but far too far to be useful. It doesn't seem to matter what position I try to program in the reverse dip is always the same - great if you want to see the bottom of the rear door.

I guess this is a software glitch. It would be helpful to know if this is a common problem amongst those that have the memory seat/mirrors.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Collected my car today, , I selected reverse adjusted mirrors and next time I selected reverse the nearside one went to correct position but the offside one just dipped a bit. Not a problem in my opinion as long as the nearside one dips correctly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks all, I thought I was going mad! I have followed the manual to the letter and my mirrors although they dip do not go to the position I want, any amount of setting while in reverse and reselecting neutral does not change the saved setting, I have gone as far as saving the seat position again with no result, think this will have to be a LR software update.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there, I have finally received my car a few days ago and have also been trying to adjust the reverse dip position of the mirrors with no luck. They always go back to the positions they were already set to in reverse. The passenger side one dips very low and the drivers side one only dips a little. Is this the same as everyone else's? Has anyone managed to adjust these positions to a new default yet? Thanks

·
Registered
381 Posts
This is the TSB reference SSM72235 from Land Rover:

Issue:

Customers may report the passenger mirror does not retain memory settings for reverse dip.

Cause:

The strategy for Discovery Sport has been changed from previous vehicle lines and will become the strategy for future vehicle lines of JLR.
When the reverse gear is selected the passenger door mirror will dip to a designated position/angle.
The driver can alter the angle of the mirror whilst in reverse gear, but cannot store this position as indicated in the handbook.
Once this reverse manoeuvre has been complete and a forward gear selected, the mirror will adopt the stored position for driving forwards.

Action:

Please advise customers of this irregularity between the vehicle feature and the handbook for reverse memory settings.
JLR shall amend the handbook.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok, so you can't change the passenger side dip position, what about drivers side? Also is there any procedure for storing the driving forward mirror position or is it just a case of adjusting their position and that's where they stay? Only asking as the seats have 3 memory positions so wondered if the mirrors can have more than one position stored for different drivers? Thanks

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Both mirrors dip to position selected by seat positions, but only passenger mirror dips to preset position when reverse is selected. This position cannot be altered and memorised by the driver.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Odd, there is a post on here from LR saying it is only passenger mirror and to a set position. I queried the section in the handbook regarding being able to set mirrors and was told it was a mistake and would be removed at next reprint.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Both my mirrors dip but neither will store a "dipped" position - it will only store regular position and this is as designed I believe (although contrary to the manual)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts