Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, a few days have passed without my DS and it's fair to say that I am missing it.
Having looked at a few cars over the weekend as well as some finger flicking online, genuinely, I cannot find any other car that I want.
Having been fortunate enough to have owned quite an array of cars over the years I am truly smitten with the DS.
Today I have been offered a car which is physical and in stock (I'm not saying where it is as some other reader might snap it up).
The potential replacement is a 2.0d 180 Auto HSE Black finished in Corris Grey.
It's a fairly standard car, but the dealer has offered to put a service pack on it, front and rear mudflaps, and deliver to me here in South Devon by trailer.
On top of that, the dealer has offered a £2.5K reduction, which isn't to be sniffed at!
However, I'm trying to get my head around HSE core spec versus HSE Lux, which I had before.
Whilst I didn't use all the Lux features, there are some items that I shall miss, such as heated steering wheel, vented seats, the softer leather, illuminated tread plates and park assist. In fairness the park assist seemed pretty useless, or perhaps I just couldn't operate it!
The thing is, whilst I didn't use all the other options in the Lux it was kind of comforting knowing they were there... Is this the inner snob in me coming out?
Lastly, black pack - I was anti this originally, only on the basis that black editions often represent German sporty saloons and not rugged English 4x4's... I actually quite liked the high gloss silver badging and detail flicks of the Lux.
Perhaps an HSE Black is a small sacrifice for having a car ASAP?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Each to their own but most of the lux bits can be spec'd as options or fitted on after, the exception is the better leather, so to me the choice is would I want std leather or good leather, it's as simple as that.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Having driven both, I can't say the Lux leather was noticeably more comfortable. I tried and didn't like the "chilly bum" mode. I would, going again, order the memory seat option because without it, you don't get the tilt adjust on the seat base, bastards! And of course the default un-adjustable setting is not quite what I would prefer.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Looks a good deal. as you say the LUX bit may be the inner snob in us, I could do without them but nice to have.
Funny we don't have any posts regarding other models against each othe e.g. se tech v hse, you could make a case for each model against another and it is all down to personal preference.

First Auto I have had for a number of years and would certainly be happy with manual but resale value tipped me in its favour.

·
Registered
211 Posts
82TLT said:
Well, a few days have passed without my DS and it's fair to say that I am missing it.
Having looked at a few cars over the weekend as well as some finger flicking online, genuinely, I cannot find any other car that I want.
Having been fortunate enough to have owned quite an array of cars over the years I am truly smitten with the DS.
Today I have been offered a car which is physical and in stock (I'm not saying where it is as some other reader might snap it up).
The potential replacement is a 2.0d 180 Auto HSE Black finished in Corris Grey.
It's a fairly standard car, but the dealer has offered to put a service pack on it, front and rear mudflaps, and deliver to me here in South Devon by trailer.
On top of that, the dealer has offered a £2.5K reduction, which isn't to be sniffed at!
However, I'm trying to get my head around HSE core spec versus HSE Lux, which I had before.
Whilst I didn't use all the Lux features, there are some items that I shall miss, such as heated steering wheel, vented seats, the softer leather, illuminated tread plates and park assist. In fairness the park assist seemed pretty useless, or perhaps I just couldn't operate it!
The thing is, whilst I didn't use all the other options in the Lux it was kind of comforting knowing they were there... Is this the inner snob in me coming out?
Lastly, black pack - I was anti this originally, only on the basis that black editions often represent German sporty saloons and not rugged English 4x4's... I actually quite liked the high gloss silver badging and detail flicks of the Lux.
Perhaps an HSE Black is a small sacrifice for having a car ASAP?
buy

·
Registered
829 Posts
Dear 82TLT, I noticed lots of negative comments from you about the DS build quality. What made you come back again?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi... I wouldn't say that I have made "lots of negative comments"... however, I was concerned about a new vehicle (less than a month old) requiring post-factory welding work to strengthen body work to stop rattles which would have required dismantling the interior for safe access.
I think the reason I am buying another DS is quite clear from my initial post, so I hope that answers your queries!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE:

New car ordered today from stock from Stratstone LR Doncaster.

New car is:
HSE Black 2.0d 180 Auto
Corris Grey, service pack, front & rear mudflaps
Being delivered to me Friday 11th September 2015 - can't wait!

If anyone else is after a Disco Sport 2.0d 180 they have a few available, and I'm sure they'd match the fantastic deal offered to me.
Ask to speak to Chris Hobson - he's been a thoroughly helpful chap!

·
Registered
36 Posts
82TLT said:
UPDATE:

New car ordered today from stock from Stratstone LR Doncaster.

New car is:
HSE Black 2.0d 180 Auto
Corris Grey, service pack, front & rear mudflaps
Being delivered to me Friday 11th September 2015 - can't wait!

If anyone else is after a Disco Sport 2.0d 180 they have a few available, and I'm sure they'd match the fantastic deal offered to me.
Ask to speak to Chris Hobson - he's been a thoroughly helpful chap!
Excellent, please post some pics with Corris and new black pack, keen to know what it will really look like!

·
Registered
502 Posts
82TLT,

Welcome back, even though you never left. Let's hope you're not as exasperated with this DS as your last one. It's clear you want to like it.

Still, two DS's in the time it has taken to get my one - and still waiting! Not bad!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
philstix said:
82TLT,

Welcome back, even though you never left. Let's hope you're not as exasperated with this DS as your last one. It's clear you want to like it.

Still, two DS's in the time it has taken to get my one - and still waiting! Not bad!
In all honesty, this will be my third! First one was a Loire Blue HSE Lux - delivered with a dent in the bonnet!

·
Registered
502 Posts
82TLT,

With your track record this is probably your delivery truck:

Third time lucky?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Third time lucky is the way forward!
I never posted pics of the blue car, partly as I was not a DS forum member at the time, however, here is a pic of the blue car that was delivered to Ivybridge on a towed trailer, to be unloaded, for me to inspect and then say... "There's a dent in the bonnet!".
It's now advertised forsale at Grange Swindon and re-registered as WH15FVF (I think), soon to be joined by the black DS, or so I suspect!
Pic attached!

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.