Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got A discovery sport 2015 HSE Lux. 101,000 miles. We had a problem with the DPF filter blocked, red hazard warning lights and Amber engine light on, it went into Landrover and they washed it out it has run brilliant since then, however as I do a lot of short journeys I am told it will block again as these cars are made for long journeys, I was told if I re map it, then it won’t be a problem with short journeys and do away with the Ad Blue. Has anyone done this and does it work?

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
705 Posts
Re maps always promise so many things like politicians, but seldom deliver LOL.

Reactions: RPR

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
The ad blue is used for a reason, not a good idea to stop using it. Remaps are normally to increase horse power and allegedly inprove mpg. To help ensure you keep the dpf clear you need to occasionally give it a decent run. If you only ever do short runs then a diesel vehicle is not your best option.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Adblue delete is / was common on HGVs where there are substantial savings to be made.
Does it work? Yes right up to the point where they get caught, the fines are high to deter others from doing the same.
Do I know of anyone who has had it done in a Disco Sport, no, but as mine does 130 miles per litre of Adblue when towing (380 miles solo) it might be an option once out of warranty.

·
Registered
447 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
You can't stop using adblue unless you buy a delete device, which may or may not be available. The car won't start once the tank is empty.
I was once told by a Land Rover Experience person that using premium diesel solved their dpf problems. That was a long time ago, but I suspect they still do it, as their cars do lots of very short journeys and don't generally suffer. On an Experience day recently I asked about dpf and they said they had only had one problem, on their Range Rover.
I'm always surprised at these reports of high adblue usage. My Evoque has done 26000 miles over three years and only been topped up twice.

·
Registered
447 Posts
The EU decreed that if an Adblue system was fitted it MUST be working. If you run out of Adblue the engine MUST NOT start - if it was running when you ran out it is allowed to continue to run.
There are different DS exhaust architectures that influence how the DPF operates, I did a journey of 3 miles at 8C that took over half an hour and the DPF did a full active regeneration during that short journey, so distance isn't critical, time is. A regen takes around 15 minutes, so half an hour stuck in traffic or pootling around an off-road course is ample.
Our 2016 DS180 used around 1/10 of the Adblue compared to our 2018 DS240. In the last 30,000 or so miles I have used over 130 litres of Adblue, been checked by the dealership, it's working fine.

When you think about it, in 30,000 miles I have burned through roughly 4,000 litres of fuel - so over £5,000. The £130 on Adblue pales into insignificance.

I do often use premium fuel - but not always.

Reactions: Canuk
1 - 10 of 10 Posts