Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Just read this from Auto Express

"It's important to get the right level of differentiation between the families," McGovern told us. "The Discoveries are more of a radical departure than the Range Rovers, but we're tailoring vehicles to individual customers' needs. Existing Discovery owners told us they wanted something more premium and less brutal, so that's what we're delivering.

Good joke that!!
I would have thought existing Landrover oweners would have asked for something more reliable, not have to chuck more money at it to get problems fixed as Landrover deny any wrong doing on there part?? Just look at past model problems, is this another peice of junk that landrover are asking us to pay 30K + to test for them and then expect us to pay more to have it fixed or returned to dealership to train there so called mechanics to swap bits and bobs trying to put it right!!
Mr McGovern and your team please read past forums and resolve previous issues before trying to design another mess.
I thought an engineer learns by his mistakes, not create more.

·
Registered
44 Posts
What complete and utter rubbish. As someone who has had many Land Rovers, without one giving me problems, yet you quote Internet web sites, always those with an axe to grind post on those sites, you don't get these without problems posting, so you get a biased view if reliability.
Did you know that when BMW owned Rover Group and LR, their warranty bill was the same as Rovers? No, bet you didn't. You post once and put up that rubbish, so tell be, what car do you drive then?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Drivel - I have driven all of the German so called premium brands and I currently drive a FL2 which I have had for 3yrs. The FL2 has been by far the most reliable car I have ever owned and also the most enjoyable too. My only trips to the dealers were for routine servicing.

The DS WILL BE RELIABLE TOO!! It has a very good proven engine and gearbox and also a proven chassis. Some Landrovers may have problems relating to air suspension but overall the brand is excellent - if you compare the vehicles of today to those of 10 yrs ago the difference is fantastic which would explain the global success of the brand!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've no idea about reliability but the quote from McGovern has nothing to do with reliability, the OP is a complete non-sequenter. He's talking about new customers like me, who want exactly what he's described. LR is cleverly breaking free of the shackles of their existing pigeon-hole and building cars that appeal to a wider audience. If you want o moan about reliability then your using the wrong quote to backup the gripe.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Be interesting to know how much LR spend on warranty claims each year.

My previous 5 LR's have been faultless, fingers crossed on ,y early build DS.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I wish I could say the same, the D3 which was not a early one had , both diffs, door locks, the infamous EGR s and a few other faults, however I put up with it because I like LandRovers, my Seat company hack has done 70k plus in under 3 years and I although I have tried to break it a few time I have failed. It has had one brake lamp bulb and a wheel bearing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts