Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK not a lot of positives on here, so let's change that and give those that are thinking about cancelling a reason to stay and show them the brighter side of the DS.

*Looks good
*Drives great
*Plenty of space for such a compact car

Expand

·
Registered
47 Posts
I love my car, never had a fault with it, great to drive. Good people carrier for large families.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Building on J77's list:

- love the glass roof, rear passengers love it even more
- second row seated passengers get a huge amount of space
- dashboard and controls laid out well
- good driving position
- comfortable seats

Spent the last May Bank Holiday in Normandy, 4 passengers, luggage, wine (obligatory) still plenty of space, reasonable MPG (better than my old FL2) and really comfortable driving.

Yes I've had 3 QC issues that perhaps should have been picked up (air con, rear passenger door sill and sun glass holder) but to be fair I had a similar number of QC issues on my new '11 FL2, which wasn't a new make by then

Would I change my decision to get one? No.

·
Registered
829 Posts
My most rational argument is that the DS has no real competition

The X3 is getting old, more car like than DS and a lot less practical. Strong feature is sublime gearbox / engine combo

Audi Q5? Having been produced since July 2008 this car feels as dated as a FL2 in my view. Round design language and poor packaging combined with car-like seating makes this a SUV wannabee. Great interior quality

I personally felt most attracted to a VW Passat 240bhp diesel if it was just for space and quality or the new Volvo XC90 for its great packaging and mostly interior design

I was at the LR dealer last week and noticed a EUR 89,000 (!!) DS petrol HSE Lux and at such price levels would seriously consider a Volvo XC90

I think in either HSE trim with 2-3 extras or HSE Lux with no further options, the DS has no peers though. Also think a base SE trim, 2WD Ed4 engined DS will do well priced below gbp 30k

·
Registered
88 Posts
My most rational argument is that the DS has no real competition
Agree - for me the strongest competitor is the X3 and that is no doubt a great car. But the 5+2 seating was a real selling point for my intended use of the car so the Disco won.

Alternatives are the Japanese things, Kia, Hyundai etc. Maybe also great cars - but would they put a smile on my face driving them? Err no.
And yes the Q5 is just plain old now and I didn't want to wait for the new model in 2016 - which looks to be more like the Evoque, all looks and not practical for families. And I suppose there's the Volvo - sorry no getting away from the stigma of driving a Volvo for me, maybe it's a generation thing...

I haven't taken delivery yet - in the September Ingenium build and cannot wait!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Looks like we all went through the same thought processes regarding the decision to buy the DS.

As a family we have found our E61 525d Touring to be a great car for us, only letting us down once when RWD and summer tyres couldn't cope with snow. A set of winters turned it into a different car. But, with 125k on the clock and various niggly electrical problems it is time for it to move on.

Initially we thought X5. Loved it in the showroom and on the road especially in MSport Spec. But, couldn't justify the cost!! Turned to the X3, but no 7 seat option. Again looked good, to my eyes, in MSport spec and the Professional Sat Nav system knocks socks of the DS. Went to do the rounds with other dealers. Walked into Lancaster Reading and was immediately impressed with Firenze Red HSE Lux with black pack. Wife and girls loved the glass roof and 7 seats. Tried to get them to sell it to us there and then! But, refused as they'd have no showroom model until Sept!

Looked at the Q5. Have one at work. I like Audi's. But, I just can't connect with the Q5. Just can't see how to make it less like a jacked up A3 and give it a little bit of attitude.

At first the DS seemed too expensive and was trying to get a new car for a south of France holiday. My local BMW Dealer who I've been with for years effed me around. Got great service from a BMW dealer in Coventry who nearly found the right X3 for me in time, X3 waiting times are nearly as bad as the DS, but there was always one option missing. Then price came back in and the DS was the same as the X3 with the LR having more family friendly 7 seats and a more modern look in my eyes.

So the order is in for the DS with an early Oct delivery, supposedly, and the 525 has a last hurrah to Antibes. Come on old girl don't let me down!

With pretty good reviews from the British motoring press and a positive road test from me we are making the jump to DS ownership. I hope we don't regret it as at the moment I can't wait to get my hands on it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
DS is a real beauty.
- I'm living in Canada and owned the car for 2 months now. I think all DS owners had experience that how eye catching your car is.

Interior
- I got 5+2 pack, and my kids (age 9 and 6) love to sit at the 3rd row no matter there is people on 2nd row or not.
- panoramic roof
- is my first time having a LR. I love the seats and everything I touched.

Handling
- Is suprsingly good!

My car has been delayed for 2 mths. The dealership put on a weird mud flaps on my DS. That turbo lag... There can be a much longer list I can point out how imperfect the DS is.

But a real beautiful wife, can you refuse?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I have had loads of guys stop, look and chat during my stay in France over the last week or so, everyone bar none love the look inside and out, I have never had a car that so many people stop and admire.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Love mine. Looks the biz, loads of space, comfy cruiser.

Don't let me convince you, go take a test drive......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.