Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gents,

It was raining recently and I used a rear wiper for the first time.
Pressing the button on the handle to apply a washer - it works as expected - fluid is applied and wiper does a cycle and returns back to home position.

However, if I rotate the handle to INT - wiper stops at random positions!
If I rotate to ON position and then to INT or OFF - wiper stops at random position! Just stops where it was! Not at home position!
Just embarrassing.

I expect wiper should finish the cycle and return to home position like front wipers do. Is that too much to expect from a rear wiper? This is ridiculous

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi IronMan

This has been reportedly previously and I had the same issue too. I reported to my dealer who apparently changed the rear wiper motor.

I cannot check if it has solved the issue as my car is in having bodywork repaired after some [email protected]$tard scratched it. :evil:

Cheers,

b1ggles2

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I had the same issue with the arm stopping in random places, i think in my case the dealer re set the home position via software rather than a motor swap, either way it is now working ok

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
gwcatterall said:
I have just bought a DS and notice that the rear wiper arm seems to sit low when in its stop position rather than horizontal. Is this the norm or do I need the dealer to have a look at it? All views welcome :D
Just checked mine - it stops in the horizontal position.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello,
I had the same problem on my discovery.

It turned out to be a bad connection to the groud. It seems that the rear wiper motor assembly must be connected to the ground. This is done by a ground stud that was not properly welded to the frame body on my car (the stud was turning).
There is another ground point close from this one and as soon has the motor has been connected to the new ground ground point no problem anymore (it has been done since a bit more than 5 months)...

Best regards,

·
Registered
80 Posts
Our US model did this too but ours was just a software update to fix the problem. It hasn't returned after the dealers system update.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi guys, my wife just taken delivery of a new 16 plate BLack pack DS HSE Luxury derivative, reversed off the drive and put the rear wiper on INT it did half cycle and stuck, so put it on full worked, back to INT again struggled to do a full cycle. Bloody thing. She px her Q5 which she loved for this as well. Going to call dealers this week and get it booked in. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks Ollie, just tried it. It looks like that worked. Thanks very much for the tip

·
Registered
53 Posts
Darren0973 said:
Thanks Ollie, just tried it. It looks like that worked. Thanks very much for the tip
Pleasure. It may re-occur, but run the full cycle again. After two or three times in heavy rain with it running continuously, the wiper never had the intermittent cycle issue again - and I am about 8 months into ownership. Save you one item to bring up when visiting the dealer...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks my friend. Will let you know how we progress.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had the same problem. Somehow, it seems to have solved itself. I had an issue with a flat battery, which was replaced by the dealer. After that, I noticed that the rear wiper was okay again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.