Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

See if anyone had same issue.

My DS works perfectly until a week ago. One day my audio system completely out of order. Everything went ok after I restarted the engine. But other issues came up after that:

First with rear view camera system failure. Sometime is good and sometimes it doesn't.

Secondly, the driver side dip mirror goes reverse when in R gear. I saw this happened on other members too. So what LR do to fix that?

Just worry if it is only system update issue or something more serious.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Quite a few people have had the media system go blank including myself, however with most it seem to only happen once and all is ok afterwards, not much help to you I do appreciate.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have had whole middle console failure, but oddly the reverse camera worked, but only that, it runs very slow now, is due to be looked at when it goes in for rattle etc week after next.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi Nelson DS,

I am sorry to learn of the concern you have experienced.

If you would like to send me a PM with your contact and vehicle details, I would be happy to provide further assistance with resolving your concerns.

Many thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They said they have to change the module but they don't have stock.

Don't get what they mean but said the module is not communicating and avoiding all commands.

Have to go back on Monday. Hope everything will be ok afterwards

·
Registered
510 Posts
Mine is the opposite to what is reported here. My camera is working fine but the sensors and audible warnings have failed (also the front ones). I got a message on screen last Thursday (see image) to say sensors were not available. Sorry it's slightly out of focus (phone and blinding sun). Took it to dealer Friday morning and they hoped it would be a S/W problem/fix - it wasn't.

The car has stayed with the dealer, rear bumper removed and new sensor module and and bumper harness (wiring loom) have been ordered. Now driving a DS HSE loan car, until work completed.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I find the sensors in particular the front ones the worst I have ever had on a car. When I press the button on dash to turn them on even though the light on button comes on I have to wait for them to activate. Also when reversing the sensors beep but the screen stays on camera so you don't know where the obstacle is, also don't like that you can't leave front ones on. In my opinion badly designed system and needs rethinking.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Philn do you not get the parking graphics on the reversing camera?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Changed the module on Monday but problem still there. They said it might be SW issue and await for uk land rover to find out solution. Said the reply should within a week..

I'll keep u all updated.

Xxtrail, hope your DS can be fixed after changing the sensors.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
PaulTheWall said:
Philn do you not get the parking graphics on the reversing camera?
Hi Paul, just checked and I get some small squares that dance about ll over the place and the lines that show where the car is heading.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Nelson DS said:
Changed the module on Monday but problem still there. They said it might be SW issue and await for uk land rover to find out solution. Said the reply should within a week..

I'll keep u all updated.

Xxtrail, hope your DS can be fixed after changing the sensors.
mmmm. That's what they told me when I had problems with my reverse camera / parking sensors in May. Still waiting for a fix... They must have tried about 20 software fixes by now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
did they ever get it right? my disco loses the camera then the radio,AEB, heated seats and total screen failure. dealer has re-booted and said problem fixed then back it came starting with the camera, also low battery warning after having driven for 100 miles +
HSE Lux White + black pack , booked back in Thursay, any thoughts?

·
Registered
270 Posts
bear6848 said:
did they ever get it right? my disco loses the camera then the radio,AEB, heated seats and total screen failure. dealer has re-booted and said problem fixed then back it came starting with the camera, also low battery warning after having driven for 100 miles +
Yes they had to replace the whole camera unit and it's been fine since then :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
bear6848 said:
Bear6848,
I believe it's a software issue. I had same symptoms when collecting my DS November 2015. They restarted Bus A and everything worked a week. Then same thing again.
During that week LR realized that it's sw bug and my car got new sw in 8 days and after that everything have been okay.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My rear view camera controller unit was being replaced on warranty after the camera had failed. While I had the camera failure, the whole entertainment system either did not react or restarted every 20 seconds. After the controller unit fix everything seems now be back to normal.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I can see that these issues go back for over 12 months. Well JLR are still not getting it right; the car I am driving right now was built in September 2016. I have had several "mutes" of the entertainment system that require a full power down and door lock to fix. Frequently the reversing camera does not come on when I select R and I believe that most of the time I could drive into the wall when parking due to the front sensors not being activated.

They are building me a new car right now, perhaps everything will be good on the new one!

:lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.