Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all

I have always found in my other LR's that the rear mat is a useful item. However in the DS this will render the rails in the boot inoperable what do other members think the answer is ?

regards

Ian

·
Registered
172 Posts
I thought the rails were really just for securing small loads. If that is the case for you and you don't put much in the boot then the mat isn't going to do much anyway in terms of protection as the small loads aren't going to do any damage or be dirty items.
If you do load more up then the mat would give protection, and would stop stuff sliding around due to the amount of stuff and the rubber surface.

Personally my boot is often fully loaded (kids stuff), and I use for rubbish disposal to me local recycling centre so I go even further and have a full custom boot liner from Hatchbag.
Doesn't matter how much I abuse the boot space then, as my boot is always pristine once I take the liner out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dear Ian,

You will find when your HSE Lux arrives that it has protruding tie downs in the luggage rails which prevent putting down a mat or load protector.

I removed the tie downs, stowed them in the area surrounding the spare tyre, and used the rubber mat from my Freelander which works well enough for my purposes. I also became paranoid about getting the carpet mats dirty, particularly the white trim around the edge, so have removed them also and used the rubber mats from the Freelander. Not quite a perfect fit but they serve their purpose.

Enjoy your new Discovery Sport - you will not be disappointed!

·
Registered
533 Posts
The boot mat has template markers to allow you to cut off the relevant sides to accommodate the rails without compromising the liquid retention channels of the mat.

It's all in the destructions. The one I have had a part no ending in 279 I think.

Bb

·
Registered
53 Posts
BobbyBox said:
The boot mat has template markers to allow you to cut off the relevant sides to accommodate the rails without compromising the liquid retention channels of the mat.

It's all in the destructions. The one I have had a part no ending in 279 I think.

Bb
Correct. The rubber mat fits perfectly and still allows for full use of the luggage rails. You need to cut to fit but this is easy and is quickly achieved with a pen knife.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.