·
Registered
677 Posts
There is a small problem, none of us have our car yet :lol:

Any particular reason these need to be removed :?:

·
Registered
381 Posts
According to the Topix manual, you press in the tab where the head rest slides into the seat and pull it up and out. They are usually stiff and need some force to completely remove them.

Quote from Topix "To remove a headrestraint, first raise the head restraint to its uppermost position. With the adjusting collar pressed in, lift the restraint out of the seatback"

·
Registered
677 Posts
As above, I've just been reading the manual.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yorkie Girl said:
I read the manual too but have you tried to remove the headrests?
Like J77 says, non of us have got our cars yet :cry:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
As it will be a similar system to existing LR products, I can only add to Discoloz comments by saying the moving latch does need pressing in beyond level with the rest of the plastic collar

·
Registered
506 Posts
Freelander2
They don't come out, and neither do the ones at the dealers. Bets on this being the first recall? Pretty essential for anyone with child car seats to fit.............
Mine were always a pain on my FL2, but I always won in the end. You have to push in quite hard and lift at the same time. Not tried yet on my DS.

·
Registered
86 Posts
just tried mine, they didnt want to come out, I didnt use a lot of force though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well, I'm told it's awkward but possible. If you push the leather down around the plastic collar on the 'other' headrest leg (the one without the squeeze-to-release thing), you can see the plastic clamp, and apparently there's a small lever there you can press with a screwdriver to release the headrest (while releasing the other leg in the usual way).

It seems to involve about four pairs of hands and fingers the size of a five-year old, but made of titanium, so we're taking it in to the dealer who's offered to do it!

·
Registered
270 Posts
My dealer got them out for me. There's an additional catch on the other side (ie the side without the button) which requires a small flat blade screwdriver to remove them completely. I have no idea why this is necessary but it's stupid design IMHO.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Ozsport, good to know that Australian dealers are using common sense and removing the headrests for customers but it still seems that most dealers in UK still won't remove them. Land Rover have still not modified the owners handbook regarding this problem so it seems they don't care about DS owners who require to remove the headrests occasionally. Have any other owners had this problem?

·
Registered
88 Posts
ozsport said:
My dealer got them out for me. There's an additional catch on the other side (ie the side without the button) which requires a small flat blade screwdriver to remove them completely. I have no idea why this is necessary but it's stupid design IMHO.
Agree!
The need for a screwdriver on the other side may look like the dealer had to break some plasric bushing...
Have you tried to put them back on?

·
Registered
533 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As long as the plastic bushes are completely removed there is no problem removing and replacing the headrests. That still doesn't answer the question why will UK dealers not remove the plastic bushes for their customers if asked to do so?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yorkie Girl said:
As long as the plastic bushes are completely removed there is no problem removing and replacing the headrests. That still doesn't answer the question why will UK dealers not remove the plastic bushes for their customers if asked to do so?
Because head rests are a key safety feature and they are liability averse?...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.