Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just washed my partners new Evoque (yes I know aren't I the hero) I noticed that the leading edge of the rear doors have a door seal fitted in addition to the one around the door frame. Now I know the Evoque is allegedly more "up market" than our DS and any body gap generates wind noise, I wondered if this is a sound reducing feature or something else. Question is then can this door seal be fitted to the DS, the door edge profile is exactly the same, so in theory should just push on?

Couple of pics to illustrate the point. Red is the Evoque, grey is the DS. ---- Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Interesting... doesn't the new DS have the water gator on the bottom of the door ?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DiscoDave said:
Interesting... doesn't the new DS have the water gator on the bottom of the door ?
Yes so does the Evo?

·
Registered
677 Posts
The Evoque is the only one I've seen with it, all my other LRs didn't have one.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Then it would seem it's for noise reduction purposes for those up-market customers. It certainly looks more like that rather than a water seal. Not addressing anybody on this or Evoque forums.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi,

they help keep the B-pillars and space between doors and body clean too. Standard on all our Citroens, so not really much of an upmarket feature.

I have generally noticed a rapid decline in seal layout quality and a lot of other details compared to Audis built around the early 2000s for example. Chrome trim made from polished and coated aluminium seems to be a thing of the past.

Martin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.