Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Been following for a while so about time I introduced myself....

I put a small deposit down for the as yet unnamed, un-launched L550 on 22nd April 2014 at Harwoods in Basingstoke.

With excitment I followed the disguised version spy photos, the launch of the Discovery Vision and ultimately the launch of the Disco Sport.

I first saw the car in the flesh at Bluewater sometime in October/November I think and first drove the car at the dealer on 12 December 2014.

I have driven a few recent Freelanders and it felt to be a huge step forward, the engine and switch gear on the stalks and bit of the display seemed familiar but everything else much more refined and modern. The on the road feel was superb, really comfortable and planted. Can't wait to see what it will be like to live with and take off-road, pictures from Iceland bode well!

I am hoping to be one of the first to get my hands on one of these vehicles....the dealer systems is showing 11 March 2015 as the Planned Handover Date, Common Order Number 12124407 and NSC Order No 371405.

My spec.... HSE Auto, Yulong White, Ebony leather, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining, Memory Seats, 6x USB, Detachable Towbar, Mudflaps, Rubber Mats, #ReadytoDiscover!

Look forward to further chats!

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
I also saw at Bluewater, and test drove at Beadles LR at Ruxley Corner. I also have the same delivery date! Looking forward to. With reference to the Vision Concept, if we have no issues with the DS then we will fade that in and get the new full size Discovery at launch in a couple years time.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hi Duncan. Similar timings to me. I called my dealer back in April last year and said I wanted one and the rest will hopefully be history. My build (last week) is 12 Feb, due dealer 27 Feb. popped along to another dealer while out today and saw their FirenzeDS Lux. Reinforced my decision about getting a DS.

You not specced black pack, looks great on the White.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Never actually seen a yulong white one, the brochure shows it as a silvery white.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of the Yulong White, all I have seen is a colour swatch at the dealer, it is a brand new colour. When I chose it I was choosing a unknown colour on a unknown car, but now the car is better known due to the launch, but I have still not seen the colour!

Apparently, it is a pearl white.

It does look silvery in the configurator pictures, but I am told it is white.

Thought about the black pack but I am going for the "adventurous family" look rather than the "bling flash boy" look so opted not to go with it. :D

·
Registered
829 Posts
Some colour indications (as we all know the only real way to judge a colour is to stand next to the car)

Attachments

·
Registered
829 Posts
Correct, I believe LR could do a much better job! If you compare the pics of an Evoque in Kaikoura stone with those of a DS they look totally different. The tan and almond interior colours in the configurator also look completely wrong...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts