Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of rattles from tear of the car since day 1, now done over 1000 miles. We think it seems to be coming from the seat belt housing ie where the straps are located. Also another rattle from front console. Really annoying in brand new car. Rear seat heater also not working from day 1. Anyone else had these issues and managed to get them sorted? Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
I heard a rattle and thought what is that as it was quite a worrying rattle. Turned out to be the metal seat belt buckle tapping the seat. It happens some time but not always and the buckle has to be turned away from the seat to stop it. Not perfect but glad it was nothing seroius

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure if ours is that as it happens when you are wearing the seat belt and when you aren't - seems to come from inside the seat belt, belt housing area as far as we can tell.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi Tim, we have had loads of rattles too in the first month of having the DS. 2000miles done, I'm a high mileage driver.

Rear seat, fixed by a generous amount of anti rattle tape between the rear of the seat and the plastic behind it. LR had fitted some already but it had worn through
Seat belt. constant rattle at the seat belt mount as you described. panel wasn't fitted correctly, just held on by the door seal rubber!. replaced and refitted by the dealer so gone now okay on both sides.
all the seat belts rattle against the side plastics when they get stuck down the side of the seat, caused by the plastic clip on the seat belt. fixed by covering it with anti rattle tape. it would have been better if LR allowed the buckle to go all the way to the top out of the way.
Rattle in engine bay, battery cover not secured, fixed by dealer
Rear boot cover, just plan poor quality. strengthened a bit to stop flexing using pvc interior trim along the metal edges and anti rattle tape again where plastic meets plastic, but the best way is just to take it out the car.
LR have just used some pretty poor materials in places, but thankfully between the dealer and myself I've managed to get rid of them although I do still get the odd rattle and have no idea were its coming from.

on top of the rattles also had, A/C failure, wheel alignment out and bonnet hitting headlamps because of no bonnet stops being fitted and three trips to the dealers. LR needs to up its quality control. hope the 2016 model is much better.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I had one squeak from the rear seats, which has now been fixed. I had a few from the rear which turned out to be the load space cover, now in the shed and I've made sure the 3rd row seat belts are retained in the little clips on the rear pillars.

Now enjoying silent motoring :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've also removed the boot cover. Garage have replaced rear internal trims to the boot as there was a clip broken that caused the trims to rattle. I have a couple of remaining rattles that we can't trace - one seems to be in the drivers door and sounds like the glass shaking, but isn't!? Generally I find the car rattles excessively when it hits bumps in the road and the internal finish is quite 'plasticky' meaning everything you lay down in the cupholders or door storage rattles. It's been a bit of a disappointment if I'm honest - hopefully the garage will work out where the other rattles are soon!

·
Registered
677 Posts
The rattles in the doors could be due to wires for the speakers vibrating.

The interior, yes is plasticky, but that's the way it's supposed to be. Premium but not precious, is how LR describe it. I can't fault build quality from the cock pit as all my rattles came from that flimsy load space cover.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.