Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed the radio coming on when the ignition comes on, even if the radio was switched off when the ingnition was last turned off?
I find this a little annoying, I can enjoy a trip in silence, stop the car and next time I restart I find the radio back on again without me pressing the on switch....

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I have the other problem, the radio will only stay on for a few minutes unless the engine is running. If I am sitting listening whilst waiting to pick up a member of the family for example, I keep having to switch it on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the same problem (radio comes on at ignition on even though I turned it off before)
I have solved this (temporarily?) by turning the volume right down, I will mention it to my dealer to see if there is a fault.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
If you put a empty USB into the slot in the glove box slot and select USB you get nothing, if that could be kept as a default it would overcome the problem.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hi Guys
Ref the radio operation.
If you go to the Faults and Technical part of the forum i placed a post on this issue with a response from my dealer when my DS was in to get the rear light changed and re earthed.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi, I can't see that post - is that referencing it always turning on at start? I suggested to the dealer that LandRover did that to try and cover for the various rattles that seem to be a feature.......

·
Registered
344 Posts
Go to Faults and Technical posts.
Look for post title Dab signal lost on braking factory fit tow bar.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Like most the radio seems to do what it wants. At least the radio comes on! In my DS every now and again the radio just doesn't work at all. See link.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that the volume on BBC Radio 3 keeps going quiet, then back to normal, then quiet, back to normal etc and this happens several times a minute? Never happens on any other DAB radio station.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.